What is the under blanket/cover temp for Shrinking Violet to work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grete

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

how many blankets, covers you pile on your client for Shrinking Violet to work? I am thinking of buying the heated blanket, would it be better to buy single or double size?
I have tried the treatment on myself and it hasn't worked at all. So i am guessing maybe i didnt have enough blankets on me to generate the right temperature for it to work.
Any suggestions?
Thank you! x

Hi Grete,

As said, it is very difficult to wrap yourself. Not many therapists have achieved huge results on themselves but gone on to achieve outstanding results on clients. SV cannot not work unless applied incorrectly or specific/underlying medical conditions etc. Heat is a key so this may have been the issue. Unless I carried out a consultation with you I can't say for certain.

With regard to the heat source, i would say 90% of therapists are using a single electric blanket on their couch with a blanket on top or the special thermal blankets. HTH

PS it is worth calling or emailing us if you have specific questions as we are always here to help :)

Last edited:
Hi Grete,

As said, it is very difficult to wrap yourself. Not many therapists have achieved huge results on themselves but gone on to achieve outstanding results on clients. SV cannot not work unless applied incorrectly or specific/underlying medical conditions etc. Heat is a key so this may have been the issue. Unless I carried out a consultation with you I can't say for certain.

With regard to the heat source, i would say 90% of therapists are using a single electric blanket on their couch with a blanket on top or the special thermal blankets. HTH

PS it is worth calling or emailing us if you have specific questions as we are always here to help :)

Hi Moosebat, :o

You are absolutely right about contacting you first if there's any problems.
Salongeek is a bad habbit!:D
I am absolutely 100% that the product works, i guess im just rubbish at wrapping...and there wasn't enough heat. But i will try again! It smells lovely though and my skin is oh so soft!

and thankk you for your fast reply and help. x

I ment, i am 100% sure that the product works...i think i got fat fingers..can't type properly haha..and maybe that's why i can't wrap properly either!:D

Haha @ Grete maybe you should rub some in yr hands hehe. Is no problem as I obviously look out for questions on here just it may have been easier and quicker for you..I would say salon Geek more of an addictive..rather than bad...habit :hug:

Latest posts

Back