What is this new method of dip nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylieNails

Reaction score
Ive heard of a few people doing 'quick dip acrylic nails' locally and they just sound crap to be honest and its clients that have told me and none of them have been happy with them. the method actually sounds half ars*d to me to be honest, i was just wondering if anyone knew of it or had any info on it, and wether its a proffessional thing or just another asda home kit trend xxxx

Quick dip method has been around for years, i use it along side l&p and gel aswel and have clients for all systems regularly. Every tech prefers different systems, each to there own really, its what you find suits you and your clients more some like it some hate it. I personally like it ( i know ill get a lot of stick for saying that lol) but im a l&p girl more :) a client can never give the look a tech can with whatever system you use as they are all readily (and cheaply ) available xx

Thanks for your reply hun , yeah I see where your coming from and omg I actually have only just heard of it , what kind of look does it give and do they last the same as normal l&p ? I don't want to offend anyone but it all sounds quite skill-less but I haven't actually seen them being applied tbh xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Thanks for your reply hun , yeah I see where your coming from and omg I actually have only just heard of it , what kind of look does it give and do they last the same as normal l&p ? I don't want to offend anyone but it all sounds quite skill-less but I haven't actually seen them being applied tbh xxx

No worries :) they are really easy to apply (although i was taught in salon this method i picked it up mega quick) and quick to do, thats why some of my clients love it. Because its so easy it makes the public wanna buy it more, but like i said noone can do a full set of nails like a nail tech can no matter how easy the system is, ive had people come to me and say i cant do it like you do (quick dip) and then there back to me :-D i personally have found that they last just aslong (another comment i might get stick for haha) i always do three layers of powder for extra strength. But again its upto you wether you think its a pointless system, i know a lot of techs on here despise it :D but each to there own, i know a few people that just offer them for weekend nails. It gives a nice natural look, a lot of my clients prefer it for there overlays as they dont want there nails looking too "done up" as they say :-s xx

The first dip system was launched almost 20 years ago !! I think that fact alone and that twenty years hence it has made no impact on the industry should give a real indication of how 'popular' it isn't both with clients and technicians.

For me a powder dip ranks in the same category as fibreglass nails ... A short-term overlay that suits a minority of clients.

I personally have never offered it in my salons and no one has ever asked me to 'get it in' to use for them. I find it extraordinary that it is still available. I don't hate it or slate those who use it, but I think it is a messy, amateurish and unsanitary way to do nails that in the long run does not give clients the same value for their money in either the look or the longevity.

For me a powder dip ranks in the same category as fibreglass nails ... A short-term overlay that suits a minority [/QUOTE]

This may be true in some cases but I seem to get more time from a set of fiberglass than I ever have had from gels or l and p they are so much more natural feel in my opinion and always last me alot longer than amy other extensions

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

For me a powder dip ranks in the same category as fibreglass nails ... A short-term overlay that suits a minority

This may be true in some cases but I seem to get more time from a set of fiberglass than I ever have had from gels or l and p they are so much more natural feel in my opinion and always last me alot longer than amy other extensions

There is no logical basis for that to be true, but if its true for you then great!

The OP is asking a question that needs to be answered honestly and with realistic information, and one individual's preference just does not give a true indication of what is happening in the market in general. We don't want to mislead.

Neither dip or FG is a generally popular service and my advice would be, not to take it on unless you really want to as neither will be your bread and butter.

Last edited:
Thanks Geeg and mommabear, I don't think I'll be attempting to use this method I never intended to it just sounded a surreal way to do it. My clients took it upon them selves to.assume this lady, who does quick dip nails locally, was unprofessional. Possibly cause it seems skill-less ? But mommabear if it works for you and your clients ask for this method then happy days !!

While were here could either you or geeg tell me abit more about the method where you pit the product in.like a plastic nail thing (technical terminology) and apply it onto.the nail bed that way and take the plastic nail.form thing off ? Think there called pop it nails ? I don't want to.offer either just curious as to how they last pros , cons etc xxxx

Thanks Geeg and mommabear, I don't think I'll be attempting to use this method I never intended to it just sounded a surreal way to do it. My clients took it upon them selves to.assume this lady, who does quick dip nails locally, was unprofessional. Possibly cause it seems skill-less ? But mommabear if it works for you and your clients ask for this method then happy days !!

While were here could either you or geeg tell me abit more about the method where you pit the product in.like a plastic nail thing (technical terminology) and apply it onto.the nail bed that way and take the plastic nail.form thing off ? Think there called pop it nails ? I don't want to.offer either just curious as to how they last pros , cons etc xxxx

Everything about PopIts you could possibly want to know, can be found in both the Articles and Tutorials forums right here on the site.

Surely the apex would be non existent with quick dip nails?!

Surely the apex would be non existent with quick dip nails?!
It is non existent ..! Which is why they only last for very few clients.

I dont use popits, if a client has quick dip, i use tips. It is pretty skill-less as its so easy to do. while i was learning i stuck with l&p and gel. Unfortunately for me, the job i am in currently (since may 2012) the old tech used quick dip on everybody. As soon as i came it was like a whirlwind. Nobody really knew what you could actually do with nails (using l&p) until i came along :) safe to say the salon has excelled in what it now offers :-D are u meaning a dappen dish? Haha i love ur terminology though :lol: i put ithe powder in the dappen dish but sprinkle the powder on, ive never had a problem with building an apex, thats my first port of call be4 layering the whole nail. they do chip quite easy, but i honestly can say the clients that i do them on have regular infills every 2 weeks (wether it tips or overlays) and have no problems whatsoever. Xx:lol::lol::lol:

I dont use popits, if a client has quick dip, i use tips. It is pretty skill-less as its so easy to do. while i was learning i stuck with l&p and gel. Unfortunately for me, the job i am in currently (since may 2012) the old tech used quick dip on everybody. As soon as i came it was like a whirlwind. Nobody really knew what you could actually do with nails (using l&p) until i came along :) safe to say the salon has excelled in what it now offers :-D are u meaning a dappen dish? Haha i love ur terminology though :lol: i put ithe powder in the dappen dish but sprinkle the powder on, ive never had a problem with building an apex, thats my first port of call be4 layering the whole nail. they do chip quite easy, but i honestly can say the clients that i do them on have regular infills every 2 weeks (wether it tips or overlays) and have no problems whatsoever. Xx:lol::lol::lol:

I meant the actual pop it its self but yeah my terminology is just too.scientific;), god I can't imagine just offering those , it's good to offer variety and I'm really glad its working for you! That's all that matters isn't it if your clients are happy and come back frequently you must be doing something right. Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think i have heard of this, but it never appealed for me to even want to check it out. I just seen a youtube vid, seriously!

That's what I thought but I was so curious to how they lasted as I didn't see that they could x

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back