What is your experience??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffy

Reaction score
I'm becoming very disheartened!
I did CND L and P training 10 years ago, and get on well with them, I do shellac and all other beauty treatments..... But! I trained with brisa gel last year. I just can't seem to get grip with gels, do some of you find you prefer one system over the other... Do I persevere with gels or take off treatment list and stick to L and P??

I just don't know what to do!!

I did CND L and P training 10 years ago, and get on well with them, I do shellac and all other beauty treatments..... But! I trained with brisa gel last year. I just can't seem to get grip with gels, do some of you find you prefer one system over the other... Do I persevere with gels or take off treatment list and stick to L and P??

I love all the systems.

What do you mean you ' don't get to grips' with gels. What is the problem?

You just don't like working with gel because you can't handle it as easily as l&p?'

You are having problems with your gel lasting as long as your l&p?

Your finished nails don't look as good as your l&p?

Most of us favour the first system they trained with. Me too. I love my l&p. But you have to give your gel the same commitment as you gave to l&p in the beginning. This means that every new client has to be a gel client so that you get that practice you need. Stop running to where you are most comfortable! You need to do more gel than you are doing.

You may also need some help with gel application techniques? I bet if I had you at my desk for an hour you would be more happy with your results. In the meantime check out Fingernailfixer Brisa gel techniques which may help. I think she has done some Brisa vids that show very well some techniques you may not be using. XX

If you are disheartened then you need a helping hand. You are welcome to pm me if you think I can assist you. :hug:

Here's what to do;
Use Brisa for 10 years just as you have been with L&P and let us know how you get on! :)
Learning new skills takes time, patience and hard work. If it was easy everybody would be doing it.
Could you imagine driving an automatic car for 10 years then switching to a manual? Both techniques need a car but then you use it in totally different ways.

You may also need some help with gel application techniques? I bet if I had you at my desk for an hour you would be more happy with your results.

If you are disheartened then you need a helping hand. You are welcome to pm me if you think I can assist you. :hug:

Oh for an hour at your desk.....x

Gel is harder for me to see. How clear and shiny it is just doesn't work well with my eyes. I guess I need bifocals or readers or something. Do you have a hard time seeing it too? That could be frustrating if you think you're doing allright then at the end you realize there was a big hole or something that you just couldn't see.

Thank you for all your replies!
Thank you Geeg! Yes an hour with you is just what I need!!

I can see my product! I wear glasses for close work!!! My problem is lifting! Not just around side walls but the whole gel nail seems to lift off!! This happens with the correct usage of solar oil and following aftercare proceedure.
I have searched for advice and as with L and P I try to 'push' for good adhesion to the nail bed...

Any other advice?

Xx

When the whole gel lifts off, it indicates the gel is unde cured, if enough time is given, then check the bulbs.

Good luck

When the whole gel lifts off, it indicates the gel is unde cured, if enough time is given, then check the bulbs.

Good luck
This is a good point but application technique is also important. Are you using your Brisa Bond and curing it before you apply your gel?

Last edited:
I'm using ALL CND products. Including uv lamp. Only bought my lamp in August 2011- bulbs checked and fine- I cure shellac no probs at all.
Yes I'm using brisa bond and curing before going on to gel application

Arrghhh!
I have 3 sets of gels today. On friends to practice! I will conquer this!!! Even if I have no hair by the end of it!!!

Thank you

I'm using ALL CND products. Including uv lamp. Only bought my lamp in August 2011- bulbs checked and fine- I cure shellac no probs at all.
Yes I'm using brisa bond and curing before going on to gel application

Arrghhh!
I have 3 sets of gels today. On friends to practice! I will conquer this!!! Even if I have no hair by the end of it!!!

Thank you

After the Brisa bond, are you applying a thin base layer or going straight in to your builder layer. Both ways are acceptable, but if you are going straight into your builder layer then why not try adding a thin base layer first ( working the product well onto the surface by firmly stroking the product on in a few different directions like emulssioning a wall with paint) cure it and then add your builder layer on the top? This may solve your adhesion problem.

Ok this is where I struggle!
In my brisa gel kit I recieved clear sculpting gel, 2 white sculpting gel, black brisa gel, semi sheer pink sculpting gel, opaque pink brisa gel...
I was trained to brisa bond cure, then straight to white, then pink and to 'fill' dips with clear sculpting gel...

So which is builder gel???

Oh sorry then brisa gloss ontop!

When you say apply base layer do you mean clear gel or pink?

Ok this is where I struggle!
In my brisa gel kit I recieved clear sculpting gel, 2 white sculpting gel, black brisa gel, semi sheer pink sculpting gel, opaque pink brisa gel...
I was trained to brisa bond cure, then straight to white, then pink and to 'fill' dips with clear sculpting gel...

So which is builder gel???

The sculpting gels are all builder gels. Brisa is a one component gel so they are all buiilder /sculptor gels. Sorry if I confused you there. x

Oh ok!!! Thankyou!
So I prep and apply tips. Brisa bond, then either sculpting gel first then pink and whites or pink and whites then sculpting gel..?
Scrub fresh and file to shape. Brisa gloss. Scrub fresh and solar oil....

Well 2 sets down today, 1 to go...
I must say I'm getting better with application. Let's just see how they last!!!

Oh ok!!! Thankyou!
So I prep and apply tips. Brisa bond, then either sculpting gel first then pink and whites or pink and whites then sculpting gel..?
Scrub fresh and file to shape. Brisa gloss. Scrub fresh and solar oil....

Well 2 sets down today, 1 to go...
I must say I'm getting better with application. Let's just see how they last!!!

That's it.

No reason it shouldn't go well as long as you get that gel down on that nail plate. x

Latest posts

Back