What makes a NSS non standard?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails for u

Reaction score
could you guys please post in your veiws on what a nss is in your mind what criteria would they have to meet or not as the case may be to fall into this catergry i am asking this as i was educating in a college last week doing a product workshop day for the nvq nail students and when talking about the company i educate fors veiws on health and safety in salons happened to referre to sterilization and cross contamination issues and when talking about risky practices i happened to use the phrase nss one of the students asked me wat you have to do to become a nss i then ended u debateing with her my veiws on a nss which are as follows
a person or persons preforming a teatment or service wthin a salon or home or mobile enviroment that could pose risk of harm or injury to the client (whever paying or not)
a person not undertakin adequate measures with sanitation and sterilization to protect the client from the risk of infection
an employer not following hse guidlines to protect staff and clients
she said theese are just my veiws cn i have yours please guys:(:(:(

i pretty much put all theese points to her but she kept the debate going for a good 40minutes in which time i added the non standard practice may be carried out by someone with or without appropriate qualifications or buy persons with little or vast experience as i mentioned earlier this girl kept coming up with this statement that theese were my veiws and opinions and she did not pay out of her workshop fund to be taught my veiws to which i replyed that she infact did as this was a product application workshop taught by me she then came back with who am i anyway i realisedthis student was not being constructive and just rude i asked her college lecturer to remove her from the workshop but thewhole experiance was awful inheindsite i should have referred her to salon geek as most geeks have the simular veiws on what a nss is just wondered what you guys would do in that situation

I see how frustrating this was for you, she sure sounds like she was once a happy nss client (and yes that was just my view) it sounds like you have told her all that yiou can about nss so it is up to her what to make of your knowledge. IMO a nss is someone who isnt adequately trained & use implements where they shouldnt on top of all the other things you have stated. I wouldnt bother with this girl, she sound like a time waster.

Latest posts

Back