What marketing ideas have you tried that worked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

academygirl

Reaction score
Hi guys, My salon is looking to trying some new ideas. We are already a busy salon but ther are many new salons opening in our town and so we want to promote ourselfs for what we are, a top trendy salon offering the latest looks and techniques. What have you guys tried that have worked?
I dont want to offer the usual X amount off ect, looks desperate for my liking.
Was thinking about open evenings/charity evenings but do they work, you cant be sure how many people will come through the door can you!
So any tried and tested ideas for promotion would be great, thanks. :)

In salons I've worked in, events generally just bring in people wanting to nose and have free champagne and food (if that's what you'd offer on the night lol)
Two things I have seen go down a storm are:

Loyalty cards: stamp every visit and receive x amount off when you fill your card. One issue with this is that people try and take the p***, eg. They'll purposely leave their card at home if they're coming in for a trim and it's their last stamp, so they can bring it in next time when they have a cut and colour so they can save more if it's a percentage off you're going to offer rather than a fixed amount. So keep a record of every client and their stamps so they can't fool you and the system...usually easier if you use a computer system rather than an appointment book but obviously there are other ways around it.

Recommend a friend card: these are my favourite and I am considering doing these now mobile. Give them to clients after services when taking their bill and they give them to their friends. They wrote the recommender and their address on the back and bring them on when they come in for their appointment. The new client receives £5 off their first appointment, and using the details on the back, you send the recommender a £5 voucher in the post or note it down for their next visit...everyone will be motivated to recommend as many clients as they can, and the new clients will want to keep the £5 off so will recommend clients themselves!
The salon I worked in used £5 but you can adapt it to suit you, your area and your prices!

Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for but I think it's the best way! :)

Recommend a friend card: these are my favourite and I am considering doing these now mobile. Give them to clients after services when taking their bill and they give them to their friends. They wrote the recommender and their address on the back and bring them on when they come in for their appointment. The new client receives £5 off their first appointment, and using the details on the back, you send the recommender a £5 voucher in the post or note it down for their next visit...everyone will be motivated to recommend as many clients as they can, and the new clients will want to keep the £5 off so will recommend clients themselves!
The salon I worked in used £5 but you can adapt it to suit you, your area and your prices!

this def works, we offered the cut & style dry 1/2 price for friend and client..
works a treat to get bums on seats!!

Cheers guys I thought bout the recommend a friend a friend thing but wasn't sure ill def give it a go!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back