What next?..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenCoyle

Reaction score
Hi,is there anyone outhere who like me has done the CND course and is up and running as a mobile technician. I have been passed for about three months and i have done around 20 full sets and only a few infills but i still dont seem confident enough to advertise and have stangers ring me. I am only charging 15 pound a set of l&p but would like to soon be chargeing going rate for my area witch is around 30 pound. I do have the training hand but i find it isnt the same to work on as a real person. can anyone advise me on where to go from here.

Thanks Helen.

if you are not confident then stick to friends and give them your business card to give out to their friends...........at least you then will get feedback if you know the people you are working on .........after the positive feedback you get your confidence will grow.
i still get a little bit nervous doing strangers but thats a good thing because i want them to love their new nails.
if you get enough feedback then you may not have to advertise, they will all be rushing to you to have their nails done :wink2:
you will get there you wouldn't be normal if you weren't nervous

Thanks ever so much its always nice to hear from someone who has been there and done that.

Helen.

HelenCoyle said:
Hi,is there anyone outhere who like me has done the CND course and is up and running as a mobile technician. I have been passed for about three months and i have done around 20 full sets and only a few infills but i still dont seem confident enough to advertise and have stangers ring me. I am only charging 15 pound a set of l&p but would like to soon be chargeing going rate for my area witch is around 30 pound. I do have the training hand but i find it isnt the same to work on as a real person. can anyone advise me on where to go from here.

Thanks Helen.
My advice is to finish your course! You have only done foundation learning. What about the Next Step and Master Classes?? You have only just scratched the surface ... you are in practice mode ... time to go to the next level.

geeg is definately right!
i don't know many students that are fully confident after only doing the foundation classes.
the next step class is called that for a reason, get booked on & if your educator thinks you need some more time & experience then u could do some 1-1.
i've recently done quite a few 1-1's with students on all sorts of problems e.g rebalance problems, smile lines etc.
keep going, as geeg says you've just scratched the surface.
liza x

I'm in the same boat, I recently completed my CND foundation course and am currently practicing like mad. I'm also very unsure about working on "proper" clients. The trouble is it's a catch 22 situation. I accept I need more training and would love to do it, however I can't afford it just now and won't be able to until I start earning, and to do that I need to charge reasonable amounts for my services. So there's my dilemma! I'm not quite sure how to proceed. I don't want my financial outlay to date to be wasted by not using my new skills (plus it's something I really want to do) however if I need to spend even more money before I am properly trained then I don't see how I'm going to get round this as I just don't have the funds:cry: What did other folks do - all suggestions gratefully received.

hi julie
the next step class is one of the cheapest of the lot, phone leeds to find out exactly.
i did a next step class today, & one student originally did her found course 4 months ago.
she is a hairdresser full time, & has been struggling to get enough experience.
by the end of the class she had realised that she had forgotten a few key points in her prep & product application.
she has also been having her nails done by someone who hasn't had up to date training, so she has picked up a few bad habits.
she progressed soo much this afternoon that her confidence has doubled.
when you 1st qualify you need to keep up with your mentoring & training. there is so much to take in at foundation level that it's easy to lose some of it along the way.
is there any way u can get some work experience at a local salon, by offering to help out on reception etc, in return for the experience that u will gain by watching. ( be very careful where u go as u dont want to pick up bad habits)
liza

thanks Liza - I'll definitely look into doing that. Many thanks for the advice:D

Thanks everyone thats great im going to get the next course booked a.s.a.p thanks for the advise.

Helen.

Latest posts

Back