What offer would catch your eye?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya

I agree with geeg. Why would someone pay full price when they can get it in the sale?? On the island we have a posh ladies dress shop (you know the ones where the gals buy the posh frocks for dinner at the captains table on a cruse) Ever since it opened it has had soooo many sales upto 70% off!!! Now why would you go in when it didnt have a sale?? Same thing with nails, if your £30 a set but every other month you have so much off, when are you going to busier? I personally think it sounds that your desparate for clients and you might be but dont ever let your potential clients know that!!!!

The only thing I give away is nail art, something that doesnt take a lot of time and its cheap. The pedi half price or free is a good idea but only if they are paying for something else!!! And what ever you do dont give away products for free!!

Start as you mean to go on!!! I know its hard my first week I earnt £3!!! Get yourself out there, flyers, % off for your client if she brings someone new, loyalty cards pay for 5 treatments the client gets either a mani or pedi on the house, the best advert is word of mouth!!

Believe in yourself and keep your chin up, soon you will be turning away clients!!!!!!!

Lots of hugs:hug:

When offers are given it gives potential new clients a feeling of getting a little extra for the price - like a gift, l don't mean something like a free infill or 30% off - l mean nail art which is quick easy and mind blowing.

When they have left feeling great and extremely happy about the service they had, then they will tell many people about it - and word of mouth is the best form of advertising and getting a good clientele, when you are starting out.

Then after time you are known for going an exceptional service and good at what you do.

l think it is nice to offer little bits and bobs at it makes clients old and new feel like you appreciate them. without them we wouldn't work.

Take care

smiler13334 said:
When offers are given it gives potential new clients a feeling of getting a little extra for the price - like a gift, l don't mean something like a free infill or 30% off - l mean nail art which is quick easy and mind blowing.

When they have left feeling great and extremely happy about the service they had, then they will tell many people about it - and word of mouth is the best form of advertising and getting a good clientele, when you are starting out.

Then after time you are known for going an exceptional service and good at what you do.

l think it is nice to offer little bits and bobs at it makes clients old and new feel like you appreciate them. without them we wouldn't work.

Take care
i know where your all coming from and yes it would be lovely to do that, but I have 9 other nail places within a 15 min walk of me, plus the mobile ones as well, I have to try something, i offer nail artwith every set I do, I have 4for3 offer and a bring a friend offer. I am going to give it a go, It works out that they save just over £5 on the 2 treatment together when you work it out. so better than offering £5 off a set and a chance they not come back, I will in August do the free shape and polish with treat pedi offer and no nail enhancement offers.

Hello,

this is Sue the client. I thought I might put my 10p in on this one from the client perspective. I live in the Netherlands and so far the best poster I've seen gave me choices on the deal I wanted.

At the top she put her normal prices. Then underneath she listed some special offers that combined certain things, e.g. manicure and pedicure together, new set and first in-fill, new set and pedicure, etc. etc. That way I could immediately see how much I was saving by booking a manicure and pedicure in one package, etc. I think she also got to see what's most popular in the area or for getting new people in. That shop was always packed and I stayed with her for ages before a job change made me find a new nail tech.

Oh, another thing was that she also got friends going in together to book packages together, or different packages but at times when they could go together.

Good luck.
Hope it helps.
Sue.

Hello,

Sue the client again...

I forgot to mention that my current tech has loyalty cards. When I get to the end of the card the last visit is free...whatever I get. And believe me, we do nail art to the hilt, so that last free visit is definitely worth it to me to maintain my visits.

Sue.

Thank you Sue the client(!), it's great to hear things from the other side of the fence as it were. Make sure you post lots because you talk some sense, and although this site is aimed at professionals, we wouldn't be that if we didn't have clients, so your opinion is worth millions!! (well at least 10 geekmolians!!)

Hey there just a littel something that i do for my clients. I use a business card of course and there are little hands there on the bottom about 6 of em. i punch out every time they come in for a fill-in and after the last one is punched just bring the card in the next time and its FREE!!I mean it works for me, they keep coming back and they tell they're friends and they keep on coming back cause they believe that theyare getting something absolutely free!!! I mean what is one fill in free after they come in for 6 fill ins at whatever price you have? Anyways just thought id share.
36_1_36.gif

clairep10 said:
Im in the middle of doing the window it is going to be changed, theme is yellow. So what offer would catch your eye?

£X off nail enhancments​
4 for 3 offer on treatments
1/2 price in fill with every new set of enhancments
Gel manicure & gel pedicure £X
Set of nail enhancements + 2 infill appointments for only £X

Please help as I'm about to get it printed.​
Well we are at the end of the month and my results on this offer PANTS!!!, not one person wantedthe nail ex and infill offer. So going to reread through this and choose another one to try.
i am doing friends for free for next few weeks to get pics together of nail art, they have no choice on the design.

Claire don't lose heart on this as it is very quiet at the mo, I've got a ruddy great ad gone in yellow page and not a sausage (except what is obviously other therapists checking out the opposition!)

I've just sent a mailshot to all my faithful regulars who have dwindled by the wayside over the years. The offer I did was A FULL SET FOR THE PRICE OF AN INFILL . I only sent this offer to people who had had ten infills or more - my aim is that they were regular once so could be again. Well just did a full set on someone I last saw nearly 4 years ago. It was so lovely catching up on the years we'd missed out, like seeing an old friend rather than a client ... and she gave me a fiver for a tip! And rebooked 2 infill appointments.

Now this offer was set to entice people back to try and get them as regulars again. I think if I was to do it as a general offer then I'd attract those that are only after the latest offer rather than building up a solid client base and so have to look at even more advertising once this offer finished. BUT when you need to pay the bills then some business is better than no busienss, even if it's to fill a short term gap.

August has always been my quietest month of the year. :hug:

Hi There :)

I offer express mani on mondays. It's been going good, ladies love the idea of touching up their nails after the wkend.

I thought about a cool offer, how about:

10% off your next apointment if you book at the end of your present apointment

This encourages returning clients AND books your scheduel in advance.
What do you think?

Prionace said:
I thought about a cool offer, how about:

10% off your next apointment if you book at the end of your present apointment

This encourages returning clients AND books your scheduel in advance.
What do you think?

I have put together some ideas in my head, going to give out the loyalty cards from now on, done a mail out to all clients i've ever had, says
TREATS ON TUESDAYS
ALL NAIL TREATMENTS
UP TO 50% OFF
--------
FREE
SHAPE AND POLISH
WITH EVERY TREAT PEDICURE
--------
£5.00 OFF
ALL NAIL ENHANCMENTS
---------
The freebi and £5 off are for the other days I'm in the salon, i have put it in the ad.
I have an ad going the local village paper. it's A5 size says about the offers and where I am with times I'm there.

So Let's see how August goes. Just had a call from salon, my one and only booking for today has cancelled. BUGGER! All i want like all of us on here is to do nails, read paper this morning and another nail place opened within 10miles of me, lost count of how many out there.
As sassy said i need to have a "usp" and at the mo price is the only thing I can think of.​

My offer to my lapsed clients is working quite well. Geeg helped me with the wording (thanks!), it went something like "Clients are like old friends and it's a real shame when you lose touch with an old friend, so just to let you know my latest news and some offers to tantalise you with ......."

I did A full Set for the price of an infill. I only did this for clients who had been in the past and had a minimum of ten visits to see if I can tempt them back. So far I have had one that i haven't seen in 4 years, 2 that I haven't seen in 3 years, and 1 that I haven't seen in 4 months. So a total of 4 new clients in a week. I've also got 25% off a full set until the end of August, and I ma hoping that I'll get some referral business from 2 of the 4 - they said they had friends at wrok who wanted to see what there's were like and then they'd book too. (come on phone ring!)

But like I say Claire August is a funny month - kids at home, or people away on holiday.

Get yourself some hot marketing ready for the kids going back to school and so giving some "pamper me time" for stressed out mums!!

Latest posts

Back