What offer would catch your eye?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairep10

Reaction score
Im in the middle of doing the window it is going to be changed, theme is yellow. So what offer would catch your eye?

£X off nail enhancments​
4 for 3 offer on treatments​
1/2 price in fill with every new set of enhancments​
Gel manicure & gel pedicure £X​
Set of nail enhancements + 2 infill appointments for only £X​

Please help as I'm about to get it printed.​

clairep10 said:
Im in the middle of doing the window it is going to be changed, theme is yellow. So what offer would catch your eye?

£X off nail enhancments
4 for 3 offer on treatments
1/2 price in fill with every new set of enhancments
Gel manicure & gel pedicure £X
I think it would be £X off nail enhancments. A local beauty salon to me does an offer of the month in their window. Last month it was Nail Extensions £20. For that month its always extremely busy in there and its usually booked up for the whole month within the first week of the offer being put in the window! :eek: Its amazing what you can find out from market research.

Hi Claire,

I think either £X off nail enhancments or 1/2 price in fill with every new set of enhancments, would catch my eye. But i suppose it all depends on how you advertise it, ie make it as bright, bold & big as possible so walkers by cant help but notice it!

Also maybe have a think on what you serve most as a treatment & offer a special offer on this, maybe next time they come back offer a discount on their next treatment you could even give them vouchers & then book them in for a return appointment.

HTH xxx

louise said:
Hi Claire,

I think either £X off nail enhancments or 1/2 price in fill with every new set of enhancments, would catch my eye. But i suppose it all depends on how you advertise it, ie make it as bright, bold & big as possible so walkers by cant help but notice it!

Also maybe have a think on what you serve most as a treatment & offer a special offer on this, maybe next time they come back offer a discount on their next treatment you could even give them vouchers & then book them in for a return appointment.

HTH xxx
Hi
i have a 2 A2 frames hanging in the window, I will be using yellow paper and black ink, i have a prog on my comp that lays out my poster for mr so it looks like one piece of paper when you put together the a4 sheets.

Hi Claire,

Don't mean to sound like I'm puting a damper on things but I have noticed so many nail techs doing special offers and not affording to do them. The clients end up going for the special offers and not coming back, just my experience with others not myself! I think if I were you, to say £X off enhancements, I would make sure the price covers the cost of the products as well as some labour time.

All I've been doing is handing out business cards and telling my clients that if they recommend a friend they get less 10% off their next infill. £2.00 to them is alot but literally pennies to me. This has taken off really well and my client base is growing nicely.

I'm sure others will have better advice for you though, sorry if I didn't help much :)

xxxx

clairep10 said:

£X off nail enhancments
4 for 3 offer on treatments
1/2 price in fill with every new set of enhancments
Gel manicure & gel pedicure £X
Set of nail enhancements + 2 infill appointments for only £X​

Please help as I'm about to get it printed.​
Hi there, personally I think money off enhancements would be the eye-catcher and would probably get an influx of people into the salon. However it's keeping those clients that can sometimes be the problem. So I would say a smaller amount in price taken off your usual price of enhancements with the enticement to return!! I think 1/2 price is a little too harsh but a percentage off both enhancements and infills (if only a couple of quid) might see a better return in the long run.
Kimmie

I think I'll go with

Nail Enhancement
+
1st infill
Only £39.50
It works out that the 1st infill is half price.​

clairep10 said:
I think I'll go with

Nail Enhancement
+
1st infill
Only £39.50

Claire - sorry to be negative TBH I think that might put some folk off as they have to find more money to get their nails done for the first time. You havent told them what they are saving so to Miss Bloggs who hasnt had nail enchancements before how does she know it is a good deal? This could be your standard price.
I would emphasise what they are saving - SAVE £X or £X/ % off might attract more attention as everyone loves a bargain.

HTH

Kx

I personally like the idea of the nails and toes combination (but that's only my opinion ;) )

I would try not to take too much money off the initial set of enhancements as it might let potential clients think the service is overpriced in the first place !!!!!!

i think the nails and toes as well and even if its just a pedicure . great in this weather and great for the hols as well

good luck deciding

clairep10 said:
I think I'll go with

Nail Enhancement
+
1st infill
Only £39.50

I've just printed off the poster and it looks cheap, so back the drawing board. Sassy said for her money off works best, what offers have helped you?

I think that money off the first set will get people in but I agree that they may only come because of the offer and then move onto the next offer up the road.

I do like the fingers and toes together idea ... its the right time for people to be having their toes done as well their fingers for holidays so this might work.

Good luck with what you decide and let us know how it all goes

Jo xx :hug:

When times are quiet - like they are for me now - then I do do offers. You're right, It doesn't attract the loyal client, but hell, getting something from a discounted rate is better than getting nothing from your normal price. It also means my regulars will treat themselves to a facial or a pedicure too.

Sassy #1 said:
When times are quiet - like they are for me now - then I do do offers. You're right, It doesn't attract the loyal client, but hell, getting something from a discounted rate is better than getting nothing from your normal price. It also means my regulars will treat themselves to a facial or a pedicure too.
Well I've gone for
nail enhancement
&
1st infill
Only £39.50​
i have included the saving and the offer end date on the one i've printed off the font is in Broadway and in a2 landscape. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for all your advice, think toes for August maybe.​

Firstly - Pinkruth love your location.............

Hi Claire as you have already decided on your 'special offer' (good luck with it)

l thought l would give you an idea for a summer offer without you losing to much. Offer a mani and pedi duo package and the french polish or nail art (flicks or summit quick) free - this always works for me and the Clients love it - and make up a little ditty like be sweet to your feet and have fresh looking toes and you can have colour where ever you go. !! :wink2:

Take care

clairep10 said:
Well I've gone for
nail enhancement​
&
1st infill
Only £39.50

i have included the saving and the offer end date on the one i've printed off the font is in Broadway and in a2 landscape. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for all your advice, think toes for August maybe.
HHmmmmmmmm, not to sound negative, but is this to try to encourage new clients with this offer?????????????? The price you have is 50p short of £40 and most people don't have that sort of money. I really hope it works, but I do think the offer of £x off nail enhancements would work better. Have you budgeted for 2-3 weeks time when you have all infills booked in that you have already had the income for?? You may find for a week or so you will do alot of work for nothing. I know you will already have had the money, but it will feel like your doing something for nothing. Really hope it works and I'm wrong, let us know x

Saw a thread the other day that had manicure so much with free shape & polish for toes thought this was a good one
x

Pinkruth said:
HHmmmmmmmm, not to sound negative, but is this to try to encourage new clients with this offer?????????????? The price you have is 50p short of £40 and most people don't have that sort of money. I really hope it works, but I do think the offer of £x off nail enhancements would work better. Have you budgeted for 2-3 weeks time when you have all infills booked in that you have already had the income for?? You may find for a week or so you will do alot of work for nothing. I know you will already have had the money, but it will feel like your doing something for nothing. Really hope it works and I'm wrong, let us know x
Ther is a salon in the town doing a full set for £40.00,In our town the price of a set is between £27.50 & £40, not including nail art or polish. I charge £30 with polish and some nail art like flicks. As i am a new business i wanted return trade, so willing to give antthing a go.It's only till end of july, so going for in August free shape and polish on fingers with every treatment pedicure, as i can do the shape and polish while client has feet in the bowl soaking.

Also another couple of thoughts on offers, Monday madness, or treats on tuesday. They could be a % off certain treatments but only on those days.
I have the rec a friend offer, I give one of those to each new client that comes in.
I think i'll go through the client record cards and post out some offer to them like claim your free polish when you come in for a treatment.

For me none of the offers would encourage me.

What makes me go to a technician is the quality of her/his work and that is the only thing that makes me go.

Images of your work so that I could see before and afters woud encourage me but not prices or DEALS. I'm sorry ... but this is reality. That is why happy satisfied clients wearing beautiful enhancements are your always best advertisment... cause that is what sells YOU to the client.

If I wanted cheap or 'deals' then I'd go to any old NSS or salon.

geeg said:
For me none of the offers would encourage me.

What makes me go to a technician is the quality of her/his work and that is the only thing that makes me go.

Images of your work so that I could see before and afters woud encourage me but not prices or DEALS. I'm sorry ... but this is reality. That is why happy satisfied clients wearing beautiful enhancements are your always best advertisment... cause that is what sells YOU to the client.

If I wanted cheap or 'deals' then I'd go to any old NSS or salon.

I know thats the route I'd like to take in the long term, my tutor's salon is fully booked for weeks in advance, but i have got to get the clients in first, I am in comp with about 9 nail places and god knows how many mobile techs in my town.

Latest posts

Back