What other treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade-v

Reaction score
Hello all. I wanted to do a beauty therapist nvq but unfortuntly this hasn't been possible due to having two babies under 2 yrs old. ( I'm crazy I know!) my husband works shifts as a police officer and we have no family down here with us so childcare wise it just hasn't been possible. Maybe when they are at school. So instead I have been doing courses individually ( bloody expensive this way lol) in the hope of doing a mobile buisness to fit around hubby's shifts and the children. I am trained in spray tanning by fake bake. Although I am using suntana solution at the minute. I am booked In on an Indian head massage and full body massage course next month at a beauty college. I am booked to do my individual eyelash extensions with flirties also. An in April I have booked to do the express waxing for female clients with Kim lawless.
My question is, what else do you think would benefit me in the mobile beauty industry? Also do you think the courses I have chosen so far are good choices. My mom paid for the massage ones mainly because she wanted me to use them on her lol.
Thank you in advance,
Jade.

Hi, at the college I go to there is a creshe that offer child care for full time students. Obviously there is a fee but with things like ema some people get it paid for. If that suited you maybe you could look if a college near you offer this?

But if thats not suitable the courses you've done/booked yourself on so far sound great! What about an eyebrow course such as HD? They are becoming more and more popular so that might be another little money spinner.

Good luck and I hope you make a success from this! X

A mani/pedi course. It's great for older clients, and I find a lot of my younger clients will book mani/pedi for relatives bdays Xmas etc. I'm still fairly new mobile but I have 3-4 mani/pedi clients a week, and often get clients add a file & polish to their waxing or massage treatments too

Thanks ladies I really appreciate you both replying.
I'm hoping to do a manicure and shellac course with Justine crick ( she came highly recommended on this site for the Essex area) she's just going to get back to me in regards to a new course she's offering.
Eyebrows are definitely another I want to look into, I need to learn how to shape them, tint and define them but not sure what course or what company is best for an eyebrow beginner like myself? Any suggestions? I'm Essex area btw x

Latest posts

Back