What product is best for covering a split nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hi

I got a phonecall today from a very pleasant elderly man who is coming to see me tomorrow to have acrylic or shellac on one nail. He has one nail that has a split running down the centre of his nail lengthways and would like to try having some sort of product over it to see if the split will grow out.

I've read on here that people have had success when putting products over similar nails and that they have got the split to grow out, but my question is which is the best product? It would have to be either l&p or shellac, he confirms that there is no split in the soft tissue, the skin isnt broken etc, just this split down the nail.

All advice appreciated as usual :green:

I would be tempted to go with a thin, clear layer of l&p and let it grow out with the split :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I use fibreglass under shellac on my own nails to paper over the cracks so to speak! Depends how strong he needs it to be. You could always matte the shellac so he doesnt have a glossy nail.:)

Latest posts

Back