What products do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chezzababy

Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if any of you can share the products you use and the results of them.

Am using Clarins, my skin is sensitive /dehydrated. I also have Milia on my cheeks. I exfoliate everyday as suggested but I still feel my skin, dry and the milia is not going away.

Just wondering if any of you have the same but use different products with better results.

Thank you

xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351771008.742415.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351771008.742415.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 131
You ideally need to use a good cosmeceutical brand (i.e. not one that you can buy over the counter as often the ingredients just sit on the surface of your skin look pretty and a waste of money)

A few cosmeceutical brands are Priori, Environ, MD Formulations, Agera, SwissDermyl, Neostrata to name but a few....

I use Priori AHA range see .:pRIORI Advanced AHA Cosmeceuticals Welcome Page:. and myself and clients in salon I work for love it and see great results.

I'm sure my fellow geeks who work in the Aesthetic side of things will also have more suggestions for you :)

Best thing to do is research and find Aesthetic salons/clinics (as they tend to stock cosmeceutical brands) and have a skin alnalysis done.

Hope this help x

You ideally need to use a good cosmeceutical brand (i.e. not one that you can buy over the counter as often the ingredients just sit on the surface of your skin look pretty and a waste of money)

A few cosmeceutical brands are Priori, Environ, MD Formulations, Agera, SwissDermyl, Neostrata to name but a few....

I use Priori AHA range see .:pRIORI Advanced AHA Cosmeceuticals Welcome Page:. and myself and clients in salon I work for love it and see great results.

I'm sure my fellow geeks who work in the Aesthetic side of things will also have more suggestions for you :)

Best thing to do is research and find Aesthetic salons/clinics (as they tend to stock cosmeceutical brands) and have a skin alnalysis done.

Hope this help x

Thanks for your reply. Will go do some research

xx

i have occuring milia and sware by " beaute pacifique super 3 clinical exfoliator"

its a blend of glycolic , salasylic and azalic acid with roiboos tea x

its a scrub that you leave on for 15 mins once a week and it really does work me

its £48 for 50ml

We stock and use Environ and swear by it. They don't believe in harsh exfoliation offer a product called alpha hydroxy cream which is fab for your problems as I suffer with the same! I use their facial wash, this product on problem areas and then their vitamin a moisturiser over the top, you need to be using the moisturiser to use the alpha hydroxy cream though, it's avst 1, then you work your way up to number 5. Once you finish a bottle you can step up, also with the alpha hydroxy cream, if you haven't got results you were hoping ( very unlikely) or want something a bit stronger you can step up and use ther alpha hydroxy gel! So always another step to go up to :)
amazing brand and it's a very results driven company, I'd never go back and my clients agree!
Inbox me if any more questions xx

Got my mum a clairasonic for her bday this year as she has milia. All gone now , well as far as the eye can see ! Brilliant bit of kit x

personaly I prefare cosmeceutical ranges I use Restylane Skincare and the Vital C & Ageless ranges from Image Skincare I have very dry skin and i love the night serum with Hyaluronic acid from Restylane. I also try and follow this up with a peel every few months
I will never go back to over the counter brands from boots or superdrug as they make my skin even dryer and ichy, just horrible

Your best bet is to have your skin analysed by a therapist, either salon or mobile.
The problem is that it's very easy to leap at buying products that have worked for others. However you could end up wasting yet more money.
The therapist may suggest that the products you are using now are too oil-rich, or that you are aggravating the skin, perhaps by over-exfoliating, or incomplete removal of make-up is causing a build-up. However, I'm just guessing.
In the meantime, step up the water/fruit/veg consumption. Hth.

i work in a 5* spa and i highly advice using products that contain NO petrochemicals, para-bins, glycols,..etc etc..
i recommend using REN.. there a Swedish brand and are really reasonable in prices MUCH MUCH cheaper than clarins but 100% BETTER... go on to the website and read about them our spa uses them as well as other brands like ESPA AND ELIMIS but i rate REN..
hope this helps

Ladies thank you very very much. Being a student I don't want to spend a lot of money if I don't see the results.

Thank you all again!

xxx

Latest posts

Back