What qualifies as a nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolly81

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm after some advice regarding advertising. I have NVQ levels 2 & 3 in beauty therapy and I recently did the gelish course. Is this enough to call yourself a beauty therapist and nail technician, or do you have to do specific nail tech qualifications to call yourself that?

Thanks

Perhaps the company you choose for your insurance will be able to help on specific wording. And you could always have a word with your course tutor, I'm sure they would give you some advice. :)

I think of a nail tech as one who does extensions but that may just be my perception.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with squidgernetball, to me a nail technician is someone who is qualified in ALL nail services, including enhancements. However, I don't think clients really care what we call ourselves as long as they get the service they want so don't worry what you call yourself!

Yes I agree, I personally believe you need to be able to offer a range of services, in particular enhancements/extensions, to call your self a nail tech. For example, I am a fully qualified nail tech but at the moment I am working only a as a gel manicurist, not as a nail tech.

But this is just my opinion x

Thanks for your replies, it's for the about me section on my website and I wanted to include that I have done the gelish course in there, maybe manicurist trained in gel polish would be better. X

Latest posts

Back