What salon music/entertainment do you have?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo1980

Reaction score
Just wondering what sort of music everyone plays in their salon?
We currently mainly use the TV's playing music channels, but to be honest im getting sick of the same 8 songs in the charts!
Clients do seem to like the TV's (they havent got them in their ear all day!!) but I just wanted to know what you other geeks use...
Radio? CD's - which ones? TV's??

JoJo xxx

I usually play albums on an iPod. But people complain! One woman moaned about Jessie j's lyrics. And I'm now worried to play anything like Katy perry or rihanna incase it offends people!

Soooo recently I have been playing emelie sande and Mariah Carey. But I'm sick of it lol! it's hard to please everyone.

well i have banned the radio because if it's not some fool trying to be funny in between songs it's some other fool talking about politics/ sport. difficult to say which one is the most boring IMO.

who wants to listen to that horse tripe when they are getting their nails done...

i have andrea botcelli. il divo, sarah brightman or a mish mash of theme tunes ( the theme for schindler's list is fabulous) so relaxing and 'take me away from the real world-able'........................

I don't have my own salon but thought this might help! These are some albums that are relaxing and I really enjoy at the moment - Michael kiwanuka, maverick sabre, emeli sande, the script science and faith

I don't want to seem like a killjoy, but don't forget you need a licence to play music in the salon, even if it's off the radio or MTV ect..

Full info here Hair and Beauty

I don't want to seem like a killjoy, but don't forget you need a licence to play music in the salon, even if it's off the radio or MTV ect..

Full info here Hair and Beauty

Dont panic! got the PPS, PRS and Tv liscence so its all legal :wink2:

We use iTunes on the pc plugged into an amp and I have some ceiling speakers, it's expensiveish but worth it as we can control the speakers separately and I have. Built up quite a collection on my two i devices. But you can never please everyone all the time!! Someone's easy listening is someone else's depressing! My pet peave is staff changing music all the time or playing the same stuff over and over. ;)

Radio is the worst...
*silence between me and a new client for a second*
radio: "Do you have looser poo, blood in your poo or are you going more often?*
:s

Radio is the worst...
*silence between me and a new client for a second*
radio: "Do you have looser poo, blood in your poo or are you going more often?*
:s

Sorry this really made me chuckle!! Xx

Latest posts

Back