What shall I do with my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facelashbrow

Reaction score
I'd love some help from hair geeks of what I should do colour wise...not HOW to colour but WHICH colours you think I should go for. *I'm not looking for help to do this myself :) *

So, I do like a change with my hair, and last year for a whole year I had a pixie crop bleached blonde hair, as white as we could go. I got bored at the end of last year and my hair wasnt in the best condition despite regular treatments as I was using heat daily.
So my stylist did a purpley brown colour (I beleive she pre pigged first) and did warn me it would fade fast which it did.

Then next I *shamefully* used boxed dyes which I havent done for years but due to finances I just couldn't afford it- I love my stylist but hubby and I were struggling for rent so it was that or have faded hair with roots :eek:

The box dye I used was a reddy brown, and obviously faded quickly over the previously bleached parts.

My hair now is a regrowth of dark blonde, then reddy brown box dye which went over virgin hair, then faded reddy brown box dye which was over bleached hair. I am about to have a baby and would like a colour which would be low maintenance but look striking. I love love love this.....

But the dark is a lot darker than my natural colour so wonder if I am just asking for trouble with maintenance of colouring my blondish hair dark.

I will go to my hair stylist to get it done, but any suggestions of what to go for?! Will post some pics to help xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is what I love
1396887008733.jpg

This is how blonde it was
1396887167582.jpg

This happened next. ..
1396887226435.jpg

Then this
1396887263912.jpg

This is the state now!!! Well, a few weeks ago.
1396887339575.jpg

This is how it looks dark which I like...but is dark going to be high maintenance?

Last edited:
1396888340764.jpg

You can see a touch of my regrowth here

1396888723266.jpg

Regrowth.

Sorry it wouldnt let me add them to the original post.

Thanks peeps!!

Any suggestions?

Hi, any colour significantly darker than your own natural base shade will constantly need redoing as your root growth will be so obvious after a short time.

For low maintenance I would suggest, high and low lights, keeping your base colour the main colour so re growth won't notice half as much as a block all over colour.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I missed this reply, thankyou. I decided that I am not fused about low maintenance after all, deep down I am not low maintenance.... but I don't know what would suit me best and look good.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Latest posts

Back