What Should I Do?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this salon owner has nooo idea what she is doin when it comes to nails, i said to here that another salon is intrested in taking me on and i said that they were letting me have the room for 10% of my earnings which was a likkle white lie cos i only asked the ladies today (from the hairdressers) and still waiting for their reply!
n e ways the salon owner said that she would be willing to take that %age! then i thought id be cheeky n ask for my tools and l&p for her to supply them and she said yeah!!!!! i took the questions with me and mainly she agreed with them ie yes and also i could have a key! have access to phone and that they would take my bookings for me i said i thought that the desk i was using was dirty (lol) she said in time she would get a good one with the vent thing in the middle (her words)
i said who would supply the advertising she said she would also! but if she was paying for all the stuff and me just giving her 10% of my takings wouldnt she loose money??????

Yes she probably would be loosing money. She doesnt really seem to know much about renting spaces etc, from what you have said.

I think you are slightly in the wrong for telling 'white lies' - you shouldnt be in this for how cheap you can get it, or what you can 'con' out of the salon owner. You need to make desicions based on what will help you to grow your business, and you need to be sensible about it. You also need to be professional towards the salon owner, or any other professionals you will come into contact with.

There is such thing as being too cheeky you know!! :)

Yes she probably would be loosing money. She doesnt really seem to know much about renting spaces etc, from what you have said.

I think you are slightly in the wrong for telling 'white lies' - you shouldnt be in this for how cheap you can get it, or what you can 'con' out of the salon owner. You need to make desicions based on what will help you to grow your business, and you need to be sensible about it. You also need to be professional towards the salon owner, or any other professionals you will come into contact with.

There is such thing as being too cheeky you know!! :)
yes i know and im not one for takin the pi** cos i wouldnt want it done to me she said she has had 4 different nail tech n none of them been good she been open 7mths! to be honest i think im very head strong n prob get her to re decorate the place and prob take over the business lol na i will think it through and i wouldnt want to be taken her for wots shes got it should be a win win situation for both parties! i dont even know if its the place for me yet i think i need to think about the cash side of things and talk it over with all you guys plus my partner. she knows my work is good (not uppin my self) i just think if ya gonna do a job do it properly!! there doesnt seem to be an atmosphere there either my mind is in two places i spose with n e job your gonna have your pros n cons
if i rent and ask if they could get my bookings for Xdays then i will supply my nails stuff, the little white lie was only likkle cos i did ask the other hairdressers this morning !! (just trying to justify myself )

Latest posts

Back