What song makes you the most emotional?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two are run by Leona lewis, and the one from the twinnings tea advert (wherever you will go?) my husband has strict instructions that these are my two funeral songs lol x

My kids have strict instruction on my funeral song too.
Mine is Fields of Gold - Ava Cassidy.

Not to be morbid but ...They're going to carry me out of the church to .....con ti partiro / time to say goodbye ..sung by ..Andrea Botcelli .......

He is amazing.

Thread closed lol you have basically named them all ! Small bump is sad it came out same time my sister lost her baby :( Xxxx

Ha ha ha. I started my time of the month today, my emotions are running high!

Small Bump was out when I was pregnant and I broke my heart hearing it when I heard the last verse xxxx

Nights in white satin - Moody Blues
It was my dads cremation song, he was only 29 (I was 7)

Tears in Heaven -Eric Clapton
It was my cousins cremation song, he was only 17 (I was 18)

Any song that's playing as I drive to my granddad's house, I cry every drive to his house :( doesn't matter what song is playing its just the trip.. I won't be making the trip after this month and that fills me with dread.. It feels more final than his funeral :(

Eternal Flame - Bangles
It was #1 in the charts and playing when I first met Allie, so teeny, so scary having a prem baby in SCBU.

Ellie Goulding -Explosions
Reminds me of someone I'll always love.

I love Moody Blues- it reminds me of my dad. Long car journeys, holidays, and the love letters I found that my dad had written to my mum to get him to marry her. My dad is still with me x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not to be morbid but ...They're going to carry me out of the church to .....con ti partiro / time to say goodbye ..sung by ..Andrea Botcelli .......

He is amazing.

I am having that "Ding dong the witch is dead" as they carry my coffin in and that "I'm on fire" by The doors as I disapear behind the curtain to be cremation.
Death is a sad fact and I want everyone to giggle at my funeral and to remember my sick sense of humour- unless my children are still very young as that would be tasteless

I am having that "Ding dong the witch is dead" as they carry my coffin in and that "I'm on fire" by The doors as I disapear behind the curtain to be cremation.
Death is a sad fact and I want everyone to giggle at my funeral and to remember my sick sense of humour- unless my children are still very young as that would be tasteless

I know someone who is having The Jam - Going Underground x

My dad is having - Bugs Bunny "That's all folks" as the curtains close :) xxx

I know someone who is having The Jam - Going Underground x

I am very serious about it- if I am ever diagnosed with a terminal illness then I am planning my own funeral and making all sorts of strange requests. I think that when someone, who has had a good, fulfilling life, passes away it is an opportunity to remember them as they were and I intend on being a miserable old sod, wearing red pvc thigh high boots, have at least 8 cats, a drawer full of lovehoney tools and pants that would make Madonna blush :)

You can let go now daddy by Crystal Shawanda. Beautiful song, brings me to tears everytime - would honestly recommend listening to it at least once!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My grandad went into the crem to the Pink Panther theme tune, made everyone giggle. Then there was the theme from blazing saddles as it was his ringtone and he insisted everyone have it for him lol
The final one was something traditional but sung by Hayley Westerner.. How awful that I don't remember what it was!!!

I'm trying to listen to all of these songs, there's just too many!!
A lot of them are my favourites x

I was recently at a funeral and the woman had a short illness and had planned every single detail of her funeral, she had "time to say goodbye" and I was honestly in tears, I wasn't close to the woman or anything at all but the song just really touched me at that time and was very fitting x

Time to say goodbye, which was played at my granddads funeral. Makes me very emotional when I hear it.

On the note of less than traditional funeral songs at my great uncles funeral we chose Carmen Miranda - chica chica boom chic, he would always sing the song and do the little dance to go along with it. When it was played in the church everyone laughed as he was well known amongst his friends and family for his love of dancing and singing, a funeral without a more upbeat song would not of been him.

I had a little cry when I listened to the song but then I smiled and laughed and thought of all the good memories the song bought back, not just the sad ones!!

http://youtu.be/KHJLm6WNEv4

Georgieboo that is hilarious! Love that video.
We had One Fine Day from Madame Butterfly at my dad's funeral. Not a dry eye in the house. It was played at their wedding and at mine.

Adele - someone like you (makes me see Red and turn off the radio ) wouldn't want anyone like my ex's :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

But surely Adele isn't singing she will find someone LIKE you as in the same type of person, but, she will find someone like you have, as in her ex has someone new so she will find someone as well.

Maybe Adele should use better punctuation?

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but I am always intrigued by this.

I do like a bit of classical, seems to get my emotions going! Xx

I'd like Queen Don't Stop Me Now at my funeral. But I guess I won't give a monkeys backside if noone plays it

But surely Adele isn't singing she will find someone LIKE you as in the same type of person, but, she will find someone like you have, as in her ex has someone new so she will find someone as well.

Maybe Adele should use better punctuation?

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but I am always intrigued by this.

Hmm see I'm not sure. I think she meant she did want someone like her ex (maybe she didn't want it to end) because she says...

"I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I'll remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"

Xx

I always sing this song at the top of my voice in the car. I'm surprised I still have windows left lol

I was at the Brits the year she sung this live - wow I was in tears!!! :'(

Latest posts

Back