What sort of direct marketing do people carry out here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulIngramTBA

Reaction score
Interested in how salons connect with clients or try and get new clients via email, web and sms, WhatsApp etc?

We do facebook and letter drops.

We use email, Facebook, seo, leaflet drops, insta, word of mouth and advertising in a local magazine.

I don’t think one is particularly better than the others, but all together, they seem to work and reinforce each other.

Vic x

• Leaflet drops to local roads (for first year only)
  • Web site
  • Salon Facebook page
  • Free local community FB pages
  • Free directories on line such as Yell.com
  • Emailing list to existing clients
  • Word of mouth
  • Sign on my gate
Once up and running, less advertising is needed as more new clients are generated by word of mouth.
4 years in and I now only pay for FB adverts if I have something new to promote.
The free local FB posts just remind people I'm still here where as emailing existing customers brings in the most extra bookings.

I haven't used instagram as I feel this is more useful to full time nail techs advertising their work - more visual.
I put photos of my shellac designs on my salon FB page which I find enough, mixed in with posts about all the other treatments I do too.

The more times a person sees your salon name, the more likely they are to contact you when they need a salon service. The different methods re-enforce the brand image.

So what do you think about texting clients? with offers or cancellations?

So what do you think about texting clients? with offers or cancellations?

I only ever text a small number of clients and that is because they have requested reminders.

I wouldn't use text to promote a special offer because they do best when you can use an image and lots of attractive description . Texts don't give the space for lots of wording. I think clients would have lost interest by line two and quickly hit delete. Might even annoy them!

I use facebook - share, like and tag friends are good for us and good with getting more likes, Also we use our marketing on our software we sometimes send emails or SMS dependant on the situation. We normally filter our clients so we are only marketing to specific ones eg like if we have an anti ageing facial on offer we will filter the correct age group to receive these as its a waste of time to market to people who aren't interested.
Good luck with it and remember people love to see pics of your work - Bit of advice watermark them with your name as other salons are sometimes a it cheeky and pinch them as their own. x

It all works actually! You just need to know what channels your potential clients prefer. I always recommend to pay more attention to Instagram, it is a very powerful tool to reach directly your customers. Also you can cooperate with Instagram influencers, and get more attention to your place.

Some interesting replies.

So I read a very good article today from a guy called Andrew Chen, I get his newsletter, who talked about referral models and how to bring business to your social marketplace app. He used to work for the likes of Uber but its quite surprising what he says about paid marketing and how it can just eat all your profits if you rely on it.
I love growth marketing but it seems much harder than you would think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back