What table, stool and trolley/bag should I get?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJPN

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm currently setting up as a Mobile Nail Tech, have completed manicure, pedicure and UV Gel polish course and attending acryclics course on Thurs :)

I'm trying to get all my equipment sorted now but there's so much stuff out there I'm not quite sure what to get! Would you recommend I opt for a Manicure Station or just get a folding table? If the latter, what size would you suggest? Would you also get a 'salon' stool or just a little folding one and should I get two so that my clients have one too? Finally, I'm thinking of getting a Roo Beauty Glamour Session Bag as have seen some good reviews of them but just want to check if anyone has any other suggestions before I do?

Many thanks

Roo beauty have some lovely cases. I have the mamba case if thats what its called and love it but it's very heavy. Im relatively new myself doing mobile. I havent got a table yet but im definatly considering it and a lamp just carrying all the stuff is a challenge already lol. I really need a lamp though as I have found lighting to be my main issue. Problem is I was hoping to get battery powered as plug sockets is also an issue! Although its started slower than I expected am loving doing it and just hope I can make it my main job soon!

Hiya, I have been mobile for a couple of years, I don't have a portable table or chair, I find it hard enough just carrying all the products and lamp, including an extension cable, and light. I currently have two bags the Roo Backpack which was on offer a while ago and has loads of pockets and space, and a smaller Roo bag that I originally bought. I have found my bags have got heavier as I have picked up more nail art products. I usually work on clients dining tables, making sure I put a plastic cover under my towel to protect their surface. If you opt for table and chairs, remember everyone has a different amount of space in their home, perhaps you could ask them if there is room to set up a table, when they make an appointment. Someone on here (sorry can't remember who) reviewed the Roo Session Bag on YouTube, it looked really roomy I would definitely consider one when my current bags need replacing. X

Thanks for your replies :) have either of you had a situation where a client hasn't had a table you can work from? I did shellac on a friend's nails a little while ago but she has quite a wide dining room table and I'm only 5ft tall and it killed my back as I really had to stretch!

I've seen the Mamba cases, they do look lovely but thought they might have been a bit heavy which is why I thought the session bag might be better as probably a little lighter.x

Thanks for your replies :) have either of you had a situation where a client hasn't had a table you can work from? I did shellac on a friend's nails a little while ago but she has quite a wide dining room table and I'm only 5ft tall and it killed my back as I really had to stretch!

I've seen the Mamba cases, they do look lovely but thought they might have been a bit heavy which is why I thought the session bag might be better as probably a little lighter.x
Not happened yet, but I give my clients the choice of mine or theirs, if someone didn't have a table I would suggest mine if possible. I usually sit at the corner of a table, so less space between us. Haven't had any round tables yet, lol. Maybe you could have a fold up table in your car just in case. x

I had a client take me into the lounge. She had locked the dog in kitchen where I presume the table was! I just asked for a dining chair so she could put her feet up on my knee as I was doing her toes. If it had been fingers I would've had to ask to sit at the table. Since ive just said I need to sit at a table!

Latest posts

Back