What tips to use for glitter acrylics and glitter to powder ratio

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kays_acrylicsox

Reaction score
Hello girls just wished to ask when doing glitter tips/ full glitter acrylics what tips are best to use natural or clear? Also ratio wise I have been using 1 scoop of glitter to 4 scoops clear powder but this sometimes looks a little thin/transparent does anyone know is 1-3 ratio hard to work with or still a good mix thank you in advance for any advise also if anyone knows of a really good light to work under and if natural work lights are any good as I have clients wishing for evening bookings and would like decent lighting :)

Hello girls just wished to ask when doing glitter tips/ full glitter acrylics what tips are best to use natural or clear? Also ratio wise I have been using 1 scoop of glitter to 4 scoops clear powder but this sometimes looks a little thin/transparent does anyone know is 1-3 ratio hard to work with or still a good mix thank you in advance for any advise also if anyone knows of a really good light to work under and if natural work lights are any good as I have clients wishing for evening bookings and would like decent lighting :)

Hiya:)
I use clear tips for glitter acrylics with a two parts powder to one part glitter mix ratio. Also I have heard other techs talk about a daylight desk lamp which is supposed to be good. I'm not sure what you'd use for mobile work but I bought a desk lamp for about £13.00 from Ikea last year and it works a treat. Hth

Hi there!

I don't use tips as I sculpt on forms, but I would assume just clear tips would work fine.

I use a ratio of 3 parts clear powder to 1 part glitter and I've had great results. I use a tea spoon to measure.

I have a daylight lamp and they are amazing. You can see EVERYTHING, I couldn't be without mine.

thank you very much all of you! im acctually overwhelmed and very happy to have found salon geek with ladies such as yourselves so kind and care inclined to help others in the same profession and who offer invaluble advise and comments really appreciate it :Grope:

I use a daylight lamp or an led lamp for nails and cross stitch they are even better than natural daylight. Search cross stitch companies/shops on eBay and just web search. :)

Yes the Daylight lamp is fab, however long you use it for there is no eye strain (that's why you'll also find it at Hobbycraft but might be more expensive there) and it doesn't heat up so doesn't make your gels run or your acrylics set more quickly. I've had mine about 6 years and still on the first bulb lol

Thank u girls :)

When i work from home i use a daylight lamp, when i'm mobile I use a LED head lamp - like the miners use! :)

Latest posts

Back