Quantcast

What to charge....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Heather111

Reaction score
Mmmm! Did I do the right thing? Did a client last night with a forever french overlay but she had broke 1 of her nails and she wanted this tipping. She also requested the 'square' look but she'd filed her own thumb nails into 'points' so when I squared them she said she would prefer these tipping also. SO....what should I have charged her?? My FF overlay is £22 with sep nails at £3 so ...£31. BUT my full set I only charge £28 so I just said £28!!! Is this right?? I thought I couldn't charge her more than the full set because she could have just said ''Had I have known it would have been cheaper then you could have done a full set for me''.

What would you have done???

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Heather111 said:
Mmmm! Did I do the right thing? Did a client last night with a forever french overlay but she had broke 1 of her nails and she wanted this tipping. She also requested the 'square' look but she'd filed her own thumb nails into 'points' so when I squared them she said she would prefer these tipping also. SO....what should I have charged her?? My FF overlay is £22 with sep nails at £3 so ...£31. BUT my full set I only charge £28 so I just said £28!!! Is this right?? I thought I couldn't charge her more than the full set because she could have just said ''Had I have known it would have been cheaper then you could have done a full set for me''.

What would you have done???
Hiya Heather,
I would have charged her £31, because that is your rate for overlay and seperate nail replacements and that is what she had.
I f your prices are clearly stated this shouldn't be a problem with future clients. Stick to your prices always, This client couldn't argue about the price because for starters she didn't have a full set put on, She had an overlay and 3 tips ;)

Heather111

Reaction score
Thanks Lesley. Guess I'm too soft!!

I'll know for next time.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I know what is being said about sticking to your price list, but I think you have to be reasonable too, particularly with good clients - they are not easy to come by. If it is a regular client, you want to keep them and, if it is a new client, you want them back.

Perhaps I am not a good business woman. There is oh so much more to this business than doing nails - HELP!

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I have to say i have done the same in the past, but then have found one client started to take the mickey, so i just stuck rigid to my price list, so she always made sure she was clear with what she wanted after that.

It is hard and i tend to go for the softer option, but in business you really can't do this if you want to make money and cover your costs. I am really trying to toughen up as obviously this is my lively hood, so i cant keep doing favours, best to get in the business mind at the beginning as you will find it hard later on. Good luck.

Latest posts