What to do if no clients, and want to start renting a room.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
How would you approach this obstacle, I have tried mobile therapy, but it not getting far. I am now looking into renting a room in a salon or clinic, the only disadvantage is no clients.

Would you stay away or would you just go for it?

well I started renting a room above a hairdressers in November 07, and I didn't have ANY clients.

I've now had 44 people come to see me in that time, some are repeat bookers.

Look around to see whats out there. A room in a hairdressers or such like is perfect as you've got a captive audience iykwim.

How would you approach this obstacle, I have tried mobile therapy, but it not getting far. I am now looking into renting a room in a salon or clinic, the only disadvantage is no clients.

Cant you get some of your clients from mobile to go with you if you open shop?????.....

This is a tricky one....i suppose a lot boils down to money....could you afford some rent on a place?...where is this place...in town???.......me personally ...i would keep going mobile/home base......

You could put ALOT of money in salon and it does not work....it might work...but with mobile/home base....your safe as in you don't lose money ....the decision has to be yours hun xx

The idea of renting a room in a health clinics, say mon, tues wed, in one, and thurs friday and saturday in another.

I have worked in a hairdressers before, and it didnt appeal to me.

I have strong feeling for a room in a clinic.

I dont have any clients, at all. :cry:Boo hoo!!!

I would say go for it as long as you are actively trying to get clients and in a good location you should do fine, negotiate on terms maybe a low start rent. I started in april last year, its been bloody hard work and i'm still campaigning for clients all the time, still have some quieter days where panic sets in but it is a success, i earn almost as much as my hubby and am doing what i love. i also started with hardly any clients maybe about 5. good luck hun you'll do fine xxx :hug:

I started with 1 client when I started renting a room in May 06. I've now got approx. 200. It is very hard at first but you should stick with it because it's so satisfying when it does build up. I asked the owner of the hairdressers if we could put a 6 month break clause in to our contract so if either one of us felt it wasn't working in that time, we could give it up. I am so proud of my little business ~ all the hard work was DEFINATELY worth it so I say GO FOR IT!! xx

Blimmin go for it!!! I started renting a room in a hairdressers. I had a small mobile client base, most of which have now decided to go elsewhere because although they have liked the nails I do,they want a home visit, no hard feelings or anything. So, I have started up with one or two clients.

Its very quiet to start, and you need to be prepared to get out there and bring your clients in, they wont just flock to you as soon as you open, but I'm building things up slowly and steadily. Leave some leaflets about, if you are based in a hair salon, offer to sweep up for them and get chatting to the hair clients! Little things like that work. Theres a florist over the road from where I am and I went to see her. I gave her a little gift from the scentsations range, and asked if I could leave some leaflets there. They were only home made ones, but I made it clear that I do gift vouchers etc. I've struck up a good rapport with the florist and now when the blokes go in to order flowers she asks "have you thought about a present to go with the flowers?" and suggests my gift vouchers.

Anyway, little things like this do work, and you can make a success by starting off with no clients provided you are assertive enough to get out there and be pro-active in bringing clients in.

Best of luck to you:hug:

Latest posts

Back