What to do with a tiny room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classychick

Reaction score
Hi girls I was looking for a bit of advice I have taken on a room but it's very small, I was looking to see if anybody had any advice as of storage or what to do with it....I have already looked at the room thread but don't see one as small.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389425737242.jpg
    1389425737242.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 641
  • 1389425756122.jpg
    1389425756122.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 659
Could you get away with a tall book case unit where you have the smaller black drawers? A nice Black Ash one would suit your room

Get a large black or matching blanket and put it on your bed as a sheet, underneath your towels. Make sure it's long enough to just about touch the floor.
If you set it up properly it makes you bed look Loverly and you can use the space under your bed as storage. I use boxes that have wheels from IKEA under mine and no one can see them!

IKEA also have that collection for a smaller home. Have a look at thinner drawers, or maybe a small wardrobe/ shelving type thing but choose sliding doors instead of regular ones.

Laura xx

Girls that's fab advice thank u...The bed thing sounds lovely, I need to use it for nails too. Am not very creative lol so your help is appreciated xx

Put your nail polishes on the wall and get a folding nail desk which can be put out of the way while using your bed

Use your walls for storage that holds stuff you don't need everyday like extra stock, but be mindful not to overload the walls with cupboards as you may end up feeling like the room is closing in on you! Use light reflective surfaces to bounce the light around and light colours to open the space out. Also have a look at some website that are geared towards small space living for ideas like Ikea that has already been mentioned.

My entire salon is only about 350 sqft total, so small spaces are kind of my thing. We are full service and our skin room is teeny.

We use a lot of multi-functional furniture pieces. We definitely utilize our under-bed space, and use a sheet as a bedskirt so clients don't see our stuff! We have a 3 x 3 cube shelving unit (similar to IKEA) and use bins to store sheets, towels, and blankets in that. We use the top of the cube for our skin care retail stuff. We use our walls A LOT. Think about this: you have four times the amount of space in the walls than on the floor. We keep it as open as possible with shelves rather than cabinets. Mirrors can do a lot of magic too--opens up the room a bit.

Hope this helps and good luck! I know how rough it is in a small room--but you'll do great! :)

Some great advice! I too have a teny tiny room! I only have my nail desk at mo but hoping to do more eye treatments very soon so going to need to squish my beauty couch in somewhere!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi girls I was looking for a bit of advice I have taken on a room but it's very small, I was looking to see if anybody had any advice as of storage or what to do with it....I have already looked at the room thread but don't see one as small.

Omg my room looks the same size.

Your bed looks like it's right in at the wall. How do you do waxing in there? Like leg/ bikini? Do you just pull the bed out?

Surrey Girl through and through x

Thanks girls I have asked for shelves to be put up so going to go shopping see if I can find some stuff i fancy natural colours xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389527266.318957.jpg

As said earlier about storing stuff under your bed, heres ours we have lots stored under it but you would never know x

Girls I didn't see the new posts any chance you could post some photos....I am bout just now but will reply to all who have been kind to post xx

Drape your blanket over the couch to the floor and use underneath as storage, also make use of the walls and get shelving or cupboards. Make sure everything you have is used for storage, even a bin can be on a small storage until also make sure all storage is on wheels so that you can move things easily as you need and for cleaning x

Omg my room looks the same size.

Your bed looks like it's right in at the wall. How do you do waxing in there? Like leg/ bikini? Do you just pull the bed out?

Surrey Girl through and through x

Yeah honey I pretty much keep it in against the wall cause if I pull it out I don't have much room, but the odd bikini I have had to pull the bed out xx

I would love something like this for a nail table.

Attachments

• foldable_table.jpg
    foldable_table.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,988
I use these storage cubes from ikea (pic attached is my home one I love them) my salon ones are filled with boxes like the bottom right and you would be amazed on what you can fit in them. And the top is a work space. All for £25 :) xxx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389554359414.jpg
    1389554359414.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 229
The idea cubes look great although I think they would be come out a bit to much off my wall if I'm making sense xx

Do all the girls with small rooms do your nails over the bed xx

For nails I have a unit with the table bit that's folds down onto it, and it's on wheels so I can wheel it in the corner to put my bed up etc :) bit of a bad explanation but I bought it from salons direct so might worth checking it out :) xx

Ah no big don't think that will fit thinking about it I would struggle to get anything that would fit between the bed and wall lol xx

Latest posts

Back