What to do with my business whilst travelling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex91

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just looking to get a bit of advice and to see whether I'm being a bit too ambitious!

I run my own beauty room and I've been in business for just over 3 years. I am only 22 I've always wanted to travel so earlier on this year my boyfriend and I decided that we would like to move to Australia next Autumn, therefore I put my business on the market in September. I have also messaged therapists that I used to work with and one has coming back saying she'd be interested in the client base/equipment/stock as she wants to start building a business of her own but doesn't need the premises.

Now this got me thinking, do you think it would be feasible for me to rent the business to another therapist while I'm away?
I understand that I risk losing my clients as they may become loyal to the other therapist but in reality I'm unlikely to move back to the same area, my boyfriend lives in Central London and we'll probably live there on our return.

Now here is the where I think I'm being really over ambitious. I've mentioned that I'd like to move to Central London and set up a business there on my return.
An opportunity has arisen for me to buy an already existing beauty business in the perfect location at an extremely good price. I still need to look into the details of this opportunity but I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing. I would also rent this one out whilst traveling so that I could continue to get an income and I'd have something to return to without having to start from scratch.

If they are successful I could even keep the therapists in place and start a third on my return!

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Wow jealous! But no idea. Hope it all works out

Where's your salon?

Hi geeks,

Just looking to get a bit of advice and to see whether I'm being a bit too ambitious!

I run my own beauty room and I've been in business for just over 3 years. I am only 22 I've always wanted to travel so earlier on this year my boyfriend and I decided that we would like to move to Australia next Autumn, therefore I put my business on the market in September. I have also messaged therapists that I used to work with and one has coming back saying she'd be interested in the client base/equipment/stock as she wants to start building a business of her own but doesn't need the premises.

Now this got me thinking, do you think it would be feasible for me to rent the business to another therapist while I'm away?
I understand that I risk losing my clients as they may become loyal to the other therapist but in reality I'm unlikely to move back to the same area, my boyfriend lives in Central London and we'll probably live there on our return.

Now here is the where I think I'm being really over ambitious. I've mentioned that I'd like to move to Central London and set up a business there on my return.
An opportunity has arisen for me to buy an already existing beauty business in the perfect location at an extremely good price. I still need to look into the details of this opportunity but I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing. I would also rent this one out whilst traveling so that I could continue to get an income and I'd have something to return to without having to start from scratch.

If they are successful I could even keep the therapists in place and start a third on my return!

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

So are you basically looking to buy a salon and trust someone else to run it for you (same with your existing business)? X

@Gelous my Salon is in Surrey, PM me if you want further details :)

@beautyxperts Basically yeah, it's risky I know but if I could make it work I think it'd be really good.

@beautyxperts Basically yeah, it's risky I know but if I could make it work I think it'd be really good.

Do you have any members of your family that could maybe work reception or manage the accounts side whilst your away - that way you can have someone you trust keeping an eye on business and keeping you up to date whilst your away. I think it is adventurous because I'm a believer to have a successful business you need to be there running it but it's not a unattainable idea you have. If you think you can do it then go for it x

You are being too trusting letting other people run your businesses, the people likely to go for the offer are people who have never run a salon before and it won't work out well. Once a salon has a bad reputation it can not be brought back. I personally wouldn't let someone else run my business, your clients are your business and these moves are way risky.

Good luck! Xx

I wouldn't ever rent my businesses and leave the country either, sometimes it's not possible to do everything all at once. Can you not sell up and then get yor travelling out of your system then start again in central London. You are talking about actually moving to Australia the other side of the world and leaving your business with someone to run?!

Latest posts

Back