What to do with my clients when I get married?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marskens

Reaction score
Question for my fellow nail artists:
I am , since 1.5 years , nailtech in secondary occupation (do i say this right?) and I have more than enough work.
I have an average of 10-15 clients per week.
On June 14, 2014 I get married. Jeuj :) But practically something less jeuj.
Our wedding takes place in a marquee in our garden. This really is a lot of work for use. Such as setting up the tent, doing the decoration of the tent, placing tables, chairs, hedging of the tables, decorations for the garden. Just everything. A week after the wedding we leave on our honeymoon.
Conclusion : I have 4 weeks of leave taken on my regular work. 1 week before the wedding, 1 week after the wedding, and 10 days honeymoon.
I therefore can not (and even don't want to) do nails in this busy period.
But what about my clients?
I have some clients that really need to come every 2 weeks, many customers every 3 weeks. And even for those who come at 4 weeks, I need to have time to do them all in a few days (week before the wedding).
I don't know how to handle this period.
How can I fix this?
Do I contact other nail stylists asking if I can transfer a few clients for once? Do you do this? :) And what if the clients don't come back??
I have a lot of clients with shellac. Maybe i can take it off before this periode? But what if they don't come back?
I would appreciate everybody's advice!

PS: i'm sorry for my bad English, I'm from Belgium :)

Congratulations on your wedding.

I guess thats a risk you take. Having 2 weeks away is a risk, but clients will wait if theres a genuine reason. 4 weeks is a long time. Have you spoken to any of your clients to see how they feel?

You could see if other techs in the area will help you out, but I think you will have to assume that some may go elsewhere, I would think most will stay loyal though.

Maybe you could just do a couple of days so that established clients could come to you and have it reapplied. But ultimately its up to you to decide how far you will go for your clients and how much you need them as much as they need you xx

Latest posts

Back