What to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddingnelly

Reaction score
Im in a real battle with myself at the moment and i am wondering if any other geeks have gone through this or are doing so..

I have been renting a room for the past 3 years at a holiday camp close to where i live and things were really taking off for me, until about 6 months ago when i noticed that people wern't tipping as much or at all, then the clients would book for something in advance and change it to something cheaper when they came into the room. I know that this is all down to the "credit crunch" and people who came away on holiday now have less money for the treats as they call them.

I am now lucky if i get bookings for half the day where as before i was booked and going in extra days.

I have now heard that the camp has planning permission to upgrade to a hotel and expand, at first i thought that this will be great news but then i heard that the camp would be closed for a year, all other employees would be ok but as im self employed i will not be covered by that. I have a meeting with the boss on Friday to find out about what will really happen.

My battle is do i keep struggling and keep the buisness that i love going or do i give in gracefully and find a different job and do the beauty on the side when i can.

Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful, please dont think me a moaning minnie and not doing anything as i have been trying all sorts in the local area as well to attract more clients.

Thanks for reading my rant anyway lol

Hi hun

Sorry for your predicament :hug:

Have you thought about going mobile or perhaps looking for a different room to rent nearby?

xx

Thats a tough one, but dont give up.

Have that chat with your boss and then dont make any quick decisions. Take your time to consider all your options, but only when you have all the facts.

You may decide to take a beauty job in a salon whilst they are building the hotel - or go mobile/work from home. There will be other opportunities that come your way so dont be too disheatened.

Good Luck, Louise x

I do go mobile, unfortunatly i had 2 pass away in the winter and some have moved in with family.

I am wondering how to attract a younger crowd.

I have a meeting with the camp manager soon, so hopefully things will be slightly clear than mud, Ill let you know how it goes lol

Im going to look at a house as well, I have to move now as they want to sell and i keep getting flooded from the roof lol at least it has distracted me for a bit. Im going to take my son to see Wall - e today as he has been really good the past week.

Helen

Latest posts

Back