What To Do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammie

Reaction score
I am a bit miffed as to what to next.

The problem is i have just had a letter back from my local council saying i can't run a business from my home. I have bought all the stuff and equipment i need to work from home re-arranged everthing at home so i can fit it in and even had a desk made. And now in the councils eyes i can't work from home.

I can't go mobile because i have a young daughter and i can't rent sapce as at the moment i currently work part time at local hospital so that is impossable.

What shall i do. I'm stuck as to what to do now.

Sammie

Hi Sammie, how funny Bimbogeri is having trouble too! Did the Council say why they wouldn't give you permission to run a business from home?

They said unless it was something with computers then it wasn't allowed.
The thing is i don't intend to have hoards of people coming and going, maybe just 1 or 2 a week.

Sammie

Did you just speak to someone, or did you put in a planning application? Did they say it is because there is no parking where you are?

I spoke to someone and i wrote a letter to them too.
They didn't say anything about a planning application or about parking, there is car park near to me but its pay and display.

Sammie

Sammie hun, try and give us a bit more info!? What dept was your letter from? Did it give any particular reasons why you couldn't do nails from home, only computers?

The letter was from the manager of my housing office and they said it says in the tenancy agreement that you can't run a business from home.

Ah right that makes sense now. Honestly hun, if you are only doing a couple of people a week I'm sure it won't be a problem, you're hardly running a business, more like a hobby. It's only if you had quite a few people coming in and out of your house each week it would be a problem. I've pm'd you.

Thanx Sarah you have been a great help

Sammie

Latest posts

Back