What to offer to be different from competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kim.ro18

Reaction score
Hello

I'm in anew area, which is rather small and already had 3 beauty therapists, all offering tanning(only 1 is spray tan), nails, waxing, eye treatments( only 1).

So I want to offer things that I'm not going to have much competition on, such as massage, spray tan and eye care? But any one got anything else the suggest I can offer, as waxing would be a good bread and butter but the rest already get most of the clientele for this, and I don't want to rival them? As I have to live there and we're friendly?

Facials?, body treatments?

What do you think?

Why don't you do all of it if clients choose to move to you so be it, it's tough out there and you don't have to actively steal business from others but I would have no business if I didn't offer the same services as some of my friends

You should offer all the treatments you enjoy and are good at. Even if that is the same as the other therapists in your area.

It would also be good business sense to do treatments the others don't offer but remember they could well train up in those treatments too at some point.

What type of nails do they offer?

You could offer a different nail treatment :)

Xx

Apparently what sets me apart from my competition is: Full consultation on each service, CND Shellac trained, proper aftercare sheets for each of my services.........that'll ding dang do for me the now :biggrin:

Your first job is to do a competive analysis of your competition, it's just guesswork otherwise :)

Latest posts

Back