What to start with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elise

Reaction score
Im saving to learn with EN and im in need for some advice!

Which course is best for me to start with :irked:
Gel / Acrylic tip & overlay / Acrylic sculpted ?

Which is the easiest to learn and which is in more demand by customers?

As im new to nails i dont really have a clue which one to choose first!

Thanks. :D

Hi, welcome to the site.

There are arguments for all systems but most people go with Liquid and Powder first. I am! I've heard that it makes the other systems seem easier once you have mastered this. However, I've also heard the same said about gel. :eek:

There are a few other threads on here asking the same question, do a search and see what info you can get.

HTH

Im saving to learn with EN and im in need for some advice!

Which course is best for me to start with :irked:
Gel / Acrylic tip & overlay / Acrylic sculpted ?

Which is the easiest to learn and which is in more demand by customers?

As im new to nails i dont really have a clue which one to choose first!

Thanks. :D

Hi there,

I have done a few courses with EN and I learnt the acrylic overlay first (although they say that gel is easier). The reason for me doing that was because i used to have my nails done all the time by a salon and that was the system that they used on me so i wanted to be able to do my own.

I think that it is entirely up to you, i have done L & P and gel and have only ever done 3 sets of gel, i find people want acrylic more.

Good luck with what ever you decide!

Teri x:)

Hi Elise

I know how difficult the choice can be so I simpathise there!

I started of with learning the L&P system purely because it seams to be the most popular method in my area and also i have heard that once you have mastered this system the others are easier to learn.

I also did the EN home training kit. This was fine in giving me a basic understanding, but i still wasnt confident enough to charge clients so i have ended up doing face to face tuition as well. I sometimes think woud I have been better off and doing face to face training from the beginning.

Good luck with which ever way you choose.

Have you decided on EN for a particular reason?? There is another thread on here today where the tech trained with EN and now wants to further her training with Creative and has been told her EN certificate is not recognise by them and she will have to do the foundation course and not a conversion like she wanted to do. The Creative foundation course is a very thorough course and covers all you will need to know, you can choose to do L&P, Brisa Gel or Fabric#. Creative teach you how to do smile lines using white powder & also rebalancing, on the foundation course but you do NOT learn these on a basic EN course. You would have to do both their maintainance course and sculpting course to learn these two. This would actually make their 3 courses competative to what Creative charge for their foundation course. This way you WILL get a recognised certificate and be a qualified tech. Worth considering if you want to be the best and go further with your nail career.

Have you decided on EN for a particular reason?? There is another thread on here today where the tech trained with EN and now wants to further her training with Creative and has been told her EN certificate is not recognise by them and she will have to do the foundation course and not a conversion like she wanted to do. The Creative foundation course is a very thorough course and covers all you will need to know, you can choose to do L&P, Brisa Gel or Fabric#. Creative teach you how to do smile lines using white powder & also rebalancing, on the foundation course but you do NOT learn these on a basic EN course. You would have to do both their maintainance course and sculpting course to learn these two. This would actually make their 3 courses competative to what Creative charge for their foundation course. This way you WILL get a recognised certificate and be a qualified tech. Worth considering if you want to be the best and go further with your nail career.

Im planning on training with creative after EN the reason why i havent choose EN first is because firstly i dont drive and nearest creative centre is quite far for me and secondly creative wouldnt suit my life style at the moment as i explained in the thread you were refering to. I would love to train with creative first but at the moment this isint an option for me but as soon as it is i will be, and i dont mind starting with the foundation course even if i have already passed every EN course because i think all the knowledge i have of nails the best i can be :)

Latest posts

Back