What tools do you use for a pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happysez

Reaction score
Hi.

I have done quite a few pedicure's this year and am sure there must be something out there to make life a bit easier.

I bought some callus peels but don't always use them. I'm not a fan of a razor and nor are some of my clients, so im left with a foot file.

A few of my clients say that they have never had thier feet done for as long as I do them and I can tell but I hate to do half a job, I like to get the feet at least smooth but doing this takes ages and I find it harder than doing a full body massage.

What do you guys use, I use a few different foot files but is there anything out there that you couldn't live without?

I have an e-file which is fab to use on rough areas on the feet provided you are trained to use one. Makes a good job quick and easy and it is brilliant at getting into badly cracked feet and removing the sharp edges of the cracks.

However, I really find the foot file which comes with the Callous Peel pack most effective even if you are not doing a Callous Peel treatment. The foot file alone is excellent and really takes the labour out of filing rough, hard skin.

Hi thanks for the quick response. I have never heard of an E-file and just googled it. Is it mainly for finger nails as it says they are a file?
What training do you have to do and how can I find out more? Anything for an easy life. :)
The callus peel file is good but a lot of my clients have what I call 'flip flop feet' as I live abroad and sometimes it's just full on hard work!

Hi

i put a product called Callus Terminator (from the Mr Pumice brand) on all the areas of hard skin and leave for 5 mins. While it's on one foot you can be doing the cuticles on the other. then a quick dip in the foot spa followed by a good rub with a towel. The hard skin will have really softened a lot.

I then use a Swedish Clover foot file to file away the (now softened) hard skin.

It's definitely made my job easier!

BB
x

Latest posts

Back