What would you do if...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
...a client turned up for a rebalance and she had five repairs?

do i?

a) charge for a full rebalance plus the fee for a repair x 5 which works out at £27.50

b) charge for a full set at £25 as it less than the above

or other

I am really stumped on this - i charged for a full set as it was a regular customer..

any ideas on whats acceptable and fair without diddleling myself

I would of probably have done the same . but I would be more worried about why she has broke 5 nails

Naughtynails said:
I would of probably have done the same . but I would be more worried about why she has broke 5 nails

Hi there, thanks for the feedback.

And to answer you query, the lady concerned as been seeing me for 18 months and has refused many times to wear or even try L&P she will only wear wraps and is very heavy handed - I have even worn clear L&P over a natural tip to demonstrate how the look but she still wont change.

she is friend and I see all the time how she manages her nails and it's not good, even after all this time she doesn't respect them! - but she is content to pay the price even if it means seeing me once a week!

even though I wear it she just loves the look of a wrap on a natural tip

Geeg used to charge £25.00 and this would include one free repair - anything else on top was charged for - this would make this R/B £35.00!! HTH's ;)

Mrs Geek said:
Geeg used to charge £25.00 and this would include one free repair - anything else on top was charged for - this would make this R/B £35.00!! HTH's ;)

Sounds good to me

I would charge £6.00 rebalance on 5 nails, £2.50 each tip based on your full price - so that makes £18.50.

Hi
Sorry but I always thought that a rebalance usually includes the repair of X number of nails, say 3? Then charge a small amount for the other 2 breakages. This sounds more fair to me
Donna

DONZIE said:
Hi
Sorry but I always thought that a rebalance usually includes the repair of X number of nails, say 3? Then charge a small amount for the other 2 breakages. This sounds more fair to me
Donna
They way I look at this situation is technically you are spending more time doing repairs the soaking off etc so it should cost more...

a brand new set = £2.50 per nail for my services
but a soak of reapir nail is £3.50 (this covers time and products for the removal and hopefully encourages them to be more carefull)

So charging more is better for business its just v hard to do in extreem circumstances IMO

It sounds like your pricing structure isn't right. How much are your infills with no repairs?

Hi

This is how we do it:

A re-balance is FROM £25 a full set is From £32 this is either one clear or tip and overlay.

For clients with breaks we break it down so at our cheapest price which is above we do infill £2.50 per nail Replacement from £3.20 per nail (this is provided they have returned by 4 weeks.

So 5 fills and 5 replacements would be £28.50

This is our lowest price though if they have French etc it does cost more.

HTH It is advisable to keep your infills at 1/3 less than the cost of a full set.

my infill includes 2 breaks, and i charge £2 for any broken nail after that. you just have to be firm with them even though its hard.

Latest posts

Back