What would you do in this situation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileKat

Reaction score
I am doing my auntie's hair on Saturday in college. (I'm doing my level 3).

She is 70% grey and has been colouring her own hair at home for some time, she is now finding it too dark, as each time she colours her hair its getting darker and darker. (Tint doesnt lift tint, lol)
I've told her so may times not to do her own hair but she thinks that she's bothering me if she asks me to colour her hair.
Anways, just before christmas I did her a half head bleach high lights (this was just to brighten her up through christmas as college had already broken up for the holidays).

If I was in college I would have done a gentle cleanse (using effasor) to remove as much colour as possible. I dont think her hair would take a deep cleanse as its in quite poor condition (overprocessed and excessive use of straighterens).

My question is what would you do at the saturday appointment?

Just need a rough idea before I go in on Saturday, I'm thinking of attempting a gentle cleanse and then re-colouring with majirel 6.3, with a deep conditioning treatment afterwards.

Thankyou in advance x

So what base is she at the moment? What is your final target shade you are eventually trying to achieve?

She is a natural base of a 6 and I am aiming for a golden tone in the end result so I intend to use majirel 6.3. She has a root of about an inch or so and she has home coloured at a base of a 4 maybe 3 x

Any advice guys? x

Latest posts

Back