What would you spend it on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniminx13

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks

My lovely Mummykins has just rang to tell me that her and my Dad want to give me a little early xmas pressie ie financial assistance in getting my new home salon fully up and running.... I have most things already and I don't want to waste it on bits and bobs.. I want to make it count so....

I do mani/pedi/gelish/waxing/facial//massage etc... So I am leaning towards Acrylics or Gel extensions? What do other geeks find most profitable?

Or if money was no object (not that it is in this case..just for fun) What would your next business blow out be on?

I'd add extensions or tanning if I were you.

Personally if I had a blowout I'd do waxing training with Kim Lawless as I want to do intimate waxing - I think it's a real earner as you get regulars ;)

Exciting!
Xx

I've found that I don't do have as many nail extensions these days, everyone is having shellac! Lashes are very popular so maybe look into that.x

I still find about two thirds of my business is acrylic extensions/overlays, so I would say there is a good market for that.

Spray tanning is a good thing to get into, esp if you can have it all set up and leave it there, it's more time consuming if you have to keep popping the tent up and down and clearing away all the bits (like I do lol), hard to get people in and out and onto the next client quickly then (unless it's another spray tan of course).

I would do Shellac and Minx too if it was me but then I loooooooooooooooove all things nails xx

if you don't already do shellac then that is what i would put my money into, you already have the clients from mani and pedis so it would be an upsell to them , increase there average spend, plus you'll attract a lot more clients aswell. get you certified shellac course under your belt and you also get free advertising on the shellac website for approved technicians :D

I agree with Noreen, if you dont already offer Shellac, make that your priority because that will really make a return for your business. Intimate waxing is also a good idea.

Do you want to spend all the money on training and development or are you looking at other areas too? Maybe invest some in advertising? A really good A board outside your salon is great for driving the passing trade in (if you havent already got one), or you could spend some on getting a decent website up and running and getting it to the top of the google search.

My next investment is going to be in my CND masters. It will be valuable to be able to advertise myself as a master tech and CND list you on their website as an approved salon once you have your masters. I dont know if you do enhancements and if you do whether you use CND but that's another avenue to consider.

Is normally jump in and say her shellac straight away but as you already offer gelish I'm not going to. I still highly recommend it though.

I'd add tanning or eyelash extensions next, both are good earners plus it adds a whole new area to your business.

xxx

Hi there, I would definitely say tanning. You could be trained and ready to go for the Christmas rush. Tanning also goes really well with nails!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thanks for the replies... I love Shellac but as I have already invested with Gelish I think I would like a completely different type of service... I have never really been interested in tanning as a treatment but it is interesting that many of you suggest it.. Maybe I will take a look.... Think extensions is out in front at the mo... Decisions decisions....

I am only just setting up so client base is pretty much nil at this point but exciting times,,,xxx

Thanks for the replies... I love Shellac but as I have already invested with Gelish I think I would like a completely different type of service... I have never really been interested in tanning as a treatment but it is interesting that many of you suggest it.. Maybe I will take a look.... Think extensions is out in front at the mo... Decisions decisions....

I am only just setting up so client base is pretty much nil at this point but exciting times,,,xxx

I'd say half the enquiries I get are for enhancements/gels the other half for Shellac so maybe if you're looking to increase enquiries go for that? I think more & more people are offering gel polishes and tans as they are cheap & easy to set up. What would set you apart would be the enhancements IMO Xx

i'd love to do intimate waxing with Kim lawless, nobody around here does it and it would certainly be regular work. just need to save my pennies, wish i had parents like yours lol x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

i also offer gelish and shellac has still be a huge boost to my business. People ask for shellac by name they are no aware of any other brands but by having too it gives the heavy handed people another choice if shellac is not working out for them :D just a though anyway , intimate waxing is also an extememly popular treatment but i would hazard a guess that if you know your clients for a while some of them might feel uncomfortable with it .

us women are strange creatures, it HAS to be a stranger to wax our frufru , someone you know just doesn't work for us LOL :D no with most of the women i know anyway hahaha

Hi Hun, Lucky you. I also have a very supportive Dad like you :) I would ask your clients and see what they would like you to add next. Mine would also be nail enhancements or Minx as it ties in well with what I already do. You may even want to expand your massage skills, Indian head massage maybe xx

Hi, I agree that even if you offer Gelish your business would still benefit from offering Shellac too.

Latest posts

Back