What would you use with a 'foil perm'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruberio

Reaction score
hi geeks, i stumbled across some videos on you tube of Kenneth Siu from SalonRiah in Australia, oohh his scissor over comb cuts are just amazing,perfect fade no lines or 'shelves', i'm totally in awe of his skills...anyhoo in one of his video's he does 'a foil perm' on a male client, involving twisting sections of hair with perm lotion then twisting this in foil, to create texture and lift in the hair... i'm curious as to what perm lotion would have been used since all of them that i've come across aren't compatible with metal?xxx
How to do a "Foil Perm" - YouTube

i'm asian too, and my hair is super resistant. you can leave 40v lightener on me for an hour and it will only lift to a level 6, lol (never tried heat before though).

anyway, i can't imagine him using anything gentle like an acid perm. my hair would laugh at it. he had to use a thio if he really did perm it is what i'm thinking.

thanks guys, i was really curious as to what he would have used xxx

I don't think any lotion is used with them. Another video I found the person just applied heat to the foil with a climazone. Here's that video Edward Kim's Foil Volume Perm @ spa scene - YouTube

that foil wrap with no lotion is kinda pointless. i get the same effects if i pinch and clip random clumps of hair together with duck clips, apply the heat of my dryer to the set, and let cool.

I think he didn't use perm be must have used something like maybe water to do it first and wrap it around the foils left it a while and then took took and applied the perm as I think he wouldn't apply perm first coz it would be left in the hair for way 2 long.till he finish the whole head so yeah. I could bet that thing he applied last is the perm xx

hi geeks, i stumbled across some videos on you tube of Kenneth Siu from SalonRiah in Australia, oohh his scissor over comb cuts are just amazing,perfect fade no lines or 'shelves', i'm totally in awe of his skills...anyhoo in one of his video's he does 'a foil perm' on a male client, involving twisting sections of hair with perm lotion then twisting this in foil, to create texture and lift in the hair... i'm curious as to what perm lotion would have been used since all of them that i've come across aren't compatible with metal?xxx
How to do a "Foil Perm" - YouTube
i just watched this clip. How would you rinse and neutralise it if it's a perm without removing the foils????

Latest posts

Back