What you do when "accidently" the tip glue with the skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dessi

Reaction score
Hi all! Sometimes happens when i glue tips , to glue and the side walls of the free edge of the tip(hope it's right in English) on the skin. I cannot unstuck it with nothing and if i leave it like this when i file the side walls i hurt the skin. What you do in this situation?

Hi all! Sometimes happens when i glue tips , to glue and the side walls of the free edge of the tip(hope it's right in English) on the skin. I cannot unstuck it with nothing and if i leave it like this when i file the side walls i hurt the skin. What you do in this situation?

Are you talking about quite a lot of adhesive as if so it can take a while for it to release from the skin.

I used to check immediately after tipping my application and wipe away any adhesive that had seeped with a orrange stick that was wrapped with cotton wool that had Scrub Fresh on it to clean remove the excess before it could bond.

Then i'd try to and use less adhesive near the ears of the tip. HTH

I dont have time to unstick it, because it glue immediately:irked:

I dont have time to unstick it, because it glue immediately:irked:

Adhesive needs time to set, so you should have time once you've applied the tip to check the sidewalls immediatley. In my opinion, it should be removable at this stage but only if you do it tip by tip NOT going back once you've applied all the tips.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Do you mean that the sides of the tip are sticking to the skin and you try to file it at the end to bring the sides in?

If this is the case you need to make sure your taking the sides down with a file before you glue it on as it sounds like the tips are to big.

Try a brush on adhesive and dont apply to much, that should help.

Yes thx:hug:, will try my best next time, will try to be more quick :eek:

Do you mean that the sides of the tip are sticking to the skin and you try to file it at the end to bring the sides in?

If this is the case you need to make sure your taking the sides down with a file before you glue it on as it sounds like the tips are to big.

No no hun, i mean when i file after i put L&P

I also pull the sidewalls away from the nail before I file which should release any adhesive there, then file the sidewalls with a thin, not padded file.

I think i put normal "quantity?" of glue, even i put the tip on paper to wipe the unnecessary glue. I think Louis has right, i should wipe immediately with ScrubFresh.

I very rarely have to wipe adhesive from a nail, only if I have applied to much.

Yes I agree with Jac, you can control it a little better when it's brush on.

I think i put normal "quantity?" of glue, even i put the tip on paper to wipe the unnecessary glue. I think Louis has right, i should wipe immediately with ScrubFresh.

You could practice applying a tip on tip to try and learn to reduce the amount of adhesive (glue) you are using. :hug:

I very rarely have to wipe adhesive from a nail, only if I have applied to much.

Your hands are obedient hands:hug:, mine not listen to me every time:green:

Thx all, appreciate your help:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back