what your day job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeautychic

Reaction score
just being nosey really just wanted 2 no what every1 gets up 2 when there not doing nails?

im a full time beauty therapist but i no other people have different jobs during the day.

Hi ya, im a Legal Secretary and work in a Criminal Defence Solicitors, interesting but challenging. So only get to do nails evening and weekends but at the moment im happy with what i do x

I work full time in an admin office at a local college. Its really busy and can be quite stressfull, but I'd rather be doing nails full time!!!

I've had my own cleaning business for 5 years - so I spend alot of my time up to my elbows in bleach (my fave cleaning product)!!!

Iam a full time mum to two boys 5 and 4 year olds, so i only do nails either evening or weekends, but i must admit doing evenings can be very hard when i might not get home while late but then i still have to get up with the boys. and at the moment my oldest thinks he can get up at silly hours like 2am(i dont think so)

I know what your saying Emma my 4yr old keeps getting up just as I thought i had got the hang of him sleeping never mind back to the drawing board.

I am a teacher in the local college at present i teach information Technology to people who have never used a pc before or who wantt oget their qualifications to get a better job. Can be very demaning and quite frustrating but when you get it right the satisfaction is excellent and the people well and truely make it worthwhile. i also do sickness and holiday cover in a Nail salon and do clients from home evenings and weekends.

I should start shadow teaching on a nail course soon.
x

I work for a ferry company booking ferries and holidays. There is so much to know in the job and I also cover checking in and the bureau de change, which makes it all the more interesting.

scattyfox said:
I know what your saying Emma my 4yr old keeps getting up just as I thought i had got the hang of him sleeping never mind back to the drawing board.

I am a teacher in the local college at present i teach information Technology to people who have never used a pc before or who wantt oget their qualifications to get a better job. Can be very demaning and quite frustrating but when you get it right the satisfaction is excellent and the people well and truely make it worthwhile. i also do sickness and holiday cover in a Nail salon and do clients from home evenings and weekends.

I should start shadow teaching on a nail course soon.
x

My full time job is an Event Manager organising team building events. I like what I do, just not so happy with the company (2 of us full time in the office and a director who is never around). We have little motivation and when my passion is nails, it makes it even harder to get up and come to work! Am desperatly looking for a way out...fingers crossed eh!!!

I am a part time bank clerk and Mum to 2 kids.

Julie

I have been a Florist for 19 years, gave up when i trained with Creative,,went mobile then worked in a salon up until xmas when i left, i have not been able to find another job as a nail tech in my area since then (don't want to go back mobile) so i have gone back to the Florist for just 2 days a week. :sad:

I am a mum to two boys 3 1/2 and nearly a year and I have joined "cuticles" to hopefully work 2 days a week and maybe a evening or two.

I am a part-time Research and Information Officer for my local council and mother to 2 boys, age 13 and 6.

I work part time as a Team Leader in Housing Benefits. Trying desperately to leave as I have started to hate it with a passion. If it wasn't for my lovely colleagues there i'm sure i'd have left a long time ago....... I'm just starting with nails so hopefully this will be my new direction.:biggrin:

I'm a part time sterile technician at the local hospital, i clean and make sets up for operations. A million miles away from nails i know.

I'm also a mum of one to my 4 year old daughter.

I work as a teaching assistant. My main role is working one to one with a wonderful fifteen yr old who has cerebral palsy and epilepsy, I find this a very rewarding and sometimes upsetting job. I am also a mum to 3 boys aged 16, 11 and 10.

Donna

Ambulance crew,,,,,,long shifts, , , ,,,,,,,,,,,, quite dull compared to all the other jobs.
Would'nt we all love to be doing nails full time eh?

Christine.

My day job is beauty therapy and nails and my other job is working in a haunted pub!

I want another job because I like spending way too much!

I have my own wedding cake company. have a look if you want www.cakecity.co.uk I also make other cakes, i also work freelance for a bakers and have 2 boys age 6 and 4. i try to fit nails and tans in at the weekend or eveneing

i'm a full time mother to 3,a boy & 2girls my partner for 14 years works for an american company on CTRL has been offered work abroad in doha later this year i'm looking to do more training in nails becoming mobile if i'm ever going to get the hang of it :sad: i'd like to just keep myself busy aboard make friends as i'd be leaving my family and friends back here........ i dream of a house in SPAIN!!!

thebeautychic said:
just being nosey really just wanted 2 no what every1 gets up 2 when there not doing nails?

im a full time beauty therapist but i no other people have different jobs during the day.

I am a sales clerk for two gift shops and a waitress for a restaurant at a resort island. The bussines is called Top of The Baths www.thebathsbvi.com
I do nails in the night and on my day off.

-----------
Tricia

Latest posts

Back