Whats best to use on Bleached stained clothes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good clothes dye to bring all my black clothes back to life, after they have been ruined by bleach?!

Thanks xox

i use dylon....
i get it from dunelm mill, its only around £5, i use it for my work clothes and towels, its great,
supermarket may stock it too?? x

John Lewis sell Dylon too. I would imagine it's good for freshening up dark clothes that have faded but I'm not sure it would actually take on fabric that had been bleached, i.e. by hair bleach, if that's what you meant?

it works on say pants, tops that have hair bleach on as it has usually just taken it to red/orange, but towels it just covers a bit xx

Thanks for the response guys!
Yes its for hair bleach!
I dont mean to sound tight, but I hate buying new tops just to get bleached up... and ALWAYS forget to wear an apron!!

xox

OMG I have the same problem! I have patches of red over my black shirts and pants. Anways for a quick fix I was told to use a black marker and to my suprise it actually works quite well!

no your not tight.. i dont wear a 'uniform' just stick to black and it does my head in with a new top and a spot of hair bleach gets on it. i'm fumin lol
dylon is fab for it
xx

Yep, I have loads of clothes with orange patches. Dylon is the one. It easily takes care of lightweight stuff like work clothes but it's a different matter for towels.
You need to weigh the towels and buy the relevant number of dyes for the weight. To be honest, I think it's almost cheaper to but new black towels from Asda.
I do make sure that the right coloured towels are used for the relevant process ... white for styling use, black for colours, etc.

Hi I actually bought fabric dye pens from an arts and craft shop
they were only a couple of pounds they come in lots of different colours and you just colour the fabric in with it then iron it on the reverse side to fix it .... But I was very lazy and never ironed it :o ...but it still stayed in permanently ... they were the best things I ever bought ... I will see if I can find the name

I am going to try the Black Dylon on some of my favourite black T shirts though ... so do you put the Black Dylon dye in the washing machine ?

they were only a couple of pounds they come in lots of different colours and you just colour the fabric in with it then iron it on the reverse side to fix it .... But I was very lazy and never ironed it :o ...but it still stayed in permanently ... they were the best things I ever bought ... I will see if I can find the name

I am going to try the Black Dylon on some of my favourite black T shirts though ... so do you put the Black Dylon dye in the washing machine ?

Oh the pens sound good Minky!
Yes the dylon goes straight in the washing machine, my clothes came up so lovely after using it!!
xox

Oh the pens sound good Minky!
Yes the dylon goes straight in the washing machine, my clothes came up so lovely after using it!!
xox

Thank you Sarah I will get some of those ;) x

dylon every time, although id make sure that you wash it again after you have put the dye in your wash, just to ensure that the excess colour has come out, i never did it the first time i did it and after i had worn them i took them off at the end of the day only to find that my legs were black!!!:eek:

Yes, it goes straight in the washer but run it through on a hot wash with no clothes in it afterwards.

I also have to confess that sometimes I can't be bothered with all of this hoo ha and just colour the bits of bleach in with a black felt tipped pen.
:)

Yes, it goes straight in the washer but run it through on a hot wash with no clothes in it afterwards.

I also have to confess that sometimes I can't be bothered with all of this hoo ha and just colour the bits of bleach in with a black felt tipped pen.
:)

i say primark all the way ...... only messin yes dylon is the best tesco about 4 quid p.s i would advised u to buy a bowl ( washin up bowl ) i dont do mine in the washer ...

Latest posts

Back