What's happening here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honest this salon was awful! ... I rang as an inquisitive client before my trial to find out colour range etc they told me wella on the phone! Then When i got there it was xp everything! No specific styling products just a bit of everything that was on special! And really cheap sally shampoos etc in bigger brand bottles! I was gutted in a way as i was looking forward to starting in a salon but i didnt want to be associated with that kind of business; id rather wait for another opportunity!

Can I add my 2 cents?

Firstly, mobile stylists don't need to use cheap stuff. It costs approx £3 more for a tube of good stuff, and that would do a full head on a client with short hair.
Do the maths - £20 full head colour, cheap crappy brand. £23 full head colour, good and well supported known brand. One delivers results far superior to the other.

Secondly, you can't compare any products by simply looking at the ingredients lists and stating that similar ingredients = similar results. Has anyone actually tried to compare Aunt Bessie's Homestyle Chips to Asda Farmfoods in taste and quality? Both have just 2 ingredients - potatoes and oil. Similarly, every cake you can buy contains flour, eggs, milk and sugar. Using the 'ingredients comparison' method, I guess that should mean a Tesco Value sponge would be equally as adequate and tasty for your wedding as any Marks & Spencer special order? Think about it. It's how the ingredients are sourced, blended and prepared that makes the difference, not the ingredients list themselves. Hopefully the above food analogies go someway to demonstrating that point!

Finally, Si...you are contradicting yourself and I think that's what makes it so confusing. You say you are dismayed by the lack of education received by younger hairdressers, but then make posts pointing out that (in your opinion) generic peroxide and supermarket shampoo are just as good (if not better) than the professional salon brands. Is this your intention and true belief, or do you think that great results start with great products? I am confused?

Lets clear this mess up once and for all. Firstly the peroxide issue the question was relating to using a toner of 3% vol as the stylist couldn't get Wella pastel I suggested using a generic. I never once advised this is what everyone should do in every case. Please quote at which point have I advised people to use supermarket shampoo. And the mobile hairdressers I never said they shouldn't use wella,loreal etc I just stated the fact that they wouldn't have access to redken, kerastase etc as its not sold in wholesalers and only available to salons and the minimum order is huge.

I'm not going to go through posts and threads Si, but here's one from today...

Please quote at which point have I advised people to use supermarket shampoo.

Ok then...

For example many people believe that Pureology is one of the best Shampoo brands on the market If you actually researched this you would be shocked to discover that it performs worse then well known shampoo's available from any supermarket.

I would say that the inference of this post to any member reading it is that they would be better off buying a supermarket brand of shampoo than Pureology (in your opinion).

Or did I read this wrongly?

;)

Quoted from Si_82 post......................Peroxide is peroxide in an ideal world yes use the manufactures one but it honestly makes no difference. Its like paracetemol makes no difference if you pay 16p at asda or 3.99 for panadol. Your paying for the name on the bottle. Especially for a toner where consistency isnt going to be an issue. Im noy aying do this all the time but for toners etc is fine.

Si, this is not a witch hunt, but you did say these things, classixuk is highly regarded on this site and gives excellent advice, have a think before contradicting yourself mate, its getting very complicated

Im surprised classixuk managed to get a response, they've ignored both times ive picked them up on these things (where I have given examples requested lol) im glad its not just me noticing though as It the very reason of this post on the whole.

But like penners says, this is not a which hunt, but if you give bad/incorrect advise or make contradicting statements, you will get picked up on it, and if I do this i would expect to be picked up too.

Latest posts

Back