what's in colored tips??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
You might of read my post that I had a bad reaction from some colored tips I purchased from china...
Well i decided to go straight to NSI distributor in my area and I got some colored tips...
I applied them to myself but only 3 fingers. And in a matter of hlf an hour I was scratching and my 3 fingers were all red...
I applied a set the other day of the china tips on my sister and she is fine but after she left I was all itchy...
Is there something different in the coloured tips that anyone knows of?
It must be just me.......I am a little upset because I think they are really groovie and a lot of my clients want them....

I have searched to see what extra is in the coloured tips but can't find anything..

Any help would be appreciated.....

Are you definitely only getting this from coloured tips - have you applied normal tips as well, just to rule out that it might not be something else, like the glue or your product?
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious and you'd already tried it!

Thanks

When I apply white french tips I don't get a reaction...I am peeved off because I like the coloured tips...I use everything the same ...
I thought it might of been my liquid so I put liquid on one of my fingers and nothing.....
It's these coloured tips..There must be something in them that's making this happen....

:cry:

i dont know but its just a guess
mabey the coloured tips have a type of dye in them ,to colour them ,hun ..it could be that ?
as i say just a guess
try phoning nsi and asking them for a list of ingreidients (or whatever the correct term is !)for their tips

that is all I can come down to....Some sort of ingredients to dye them , I am allergic too.. Bugger ..

Thanks For Your Help!

You might of read my post that I had a bad reaction from some colored tips I purchased from china...
Well i decided to go straight to NSI distributor in my area and I got some colored tips...
I applied them to myself but only 3 fingers. And in a matter of hlf an hour I was scratching and my 3 fingers were all red...
I applied a set the other day of the china tips on my sister and she is fine but after she left I was all itchy...
Is there something different in the coloured tips that anyone knows of?
It must be just me.......I am a little upset because I think they are really groovie and a lot of my clients want them....

I have searched to see what extra is in the coloured tips but can't find anything..

Any help would be appreciated.....

Maybe you could sculpt some coloured tips and see if you get a reaction from any of your products?

or maybe use coloured L&P?? Creative do some great ones?

lou x

I would definately try sculpting coloured tips. I've been practicing like MAD to become better at it. AND I've still got tonnes of coloured tips:rolleyes:
There are so many more options to sculpted, along with adding things like crushed shells, mylar, etc etc...
Way prettier than coloured tips.

Sorry I don't know the answer... but if I did, it wouldn't take care of the itchies unfortunately.
UNLESS you wear latex gloves when applying these?

ok I'm back to square one....
I applied a full set of french white tips and all day and night i was itchy..I have removed them now and I have tiny little blisters on the tips of my fingers...Around my cuticle area is all red and it sort of looks burnt..The only thing different I use now and not while I was training is antic bac spray....But I am really thinking it may be the glue I am using..When I was training I had nothing like this happen....
One of my fingers feels like it's be burnt and you know how you get the sort of plastic feeing from being burnt..
Would you think cuticle oil could do this?
I am totally peeved off becuae I need to have a nice set of nails on so clients can see what I can do....
My natural nails are shocking so I am desperate to find out my problem....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:​

Latest posts

Back