Whats More Damaging?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
im not a hair pro hence why im asking this question :lol: but i was told a story and it got me a little worried.
whats more damaging having highlights or straightening your hair?
i have had highlights done for atleast the last 10 years and have probably straightened it for about 7 years and apart from the ends of my hair its not in bad condition considering.i have my hair done by a friend who is a qualified hairdresser but after hearing about a girl who got her dad to highlight her hair which is now snapping off i am worried about my hair and what will happen if i keep doing this.so i have been thinking about maybe going back to my natural hair colour which is dark blonde/light brown.
will doing thi help the condition even if i still straighten my hair? if it wont really make any difference then i would like to stay blonde if i can but if it will make considerable difference in the condition of my hair then i am willing to change.
thanks for any info you hair geeks.xx

Stop stressing! your hair is ok. if it hasn't snapped off yet then it is highly unlikely to start now. Just don't let your Dad have a go at highlighting it!!!

Remember to use a good heat defence spray if your straightning all the time - I think if your hair was totally damaged then your hairdresser would of told you so :)

yeah your hairdressers wouldnt carry out highlights if your hair was damaged. just use heat defence when straightening and use colour care shampoo/conditioner. i think the horror story your heard mmight just have been cause shes got her DAD! to do her hair lol

Heya another thing to remember is that going dark will NOT improve the condition of the remaining hair. Also if you change your mind and try to bleach it back, thats when the damage will start becuse you can not see where the old hi lights are. You would be bleaching dye out of hair that has been bleached previosly, not a good plan! I would say to anyone wanting to go from blonde to dark to realy think about it first becuse going back to blonde may not be possible becuse of the risk of damaging the hair xxxxx

Latest posts

Back