What's the best toner to remove yellow tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey cullen

Reaction score
Client has a natural base colour of a 4 I have bleached her hair but has a strong yellow tinge shall I give it a break then rebleach or will a toner lift it?? Tried to upload pic but keeps saying file too large

What level has it lifted to? Which colour house do you use? [emoji179]

What level has it lifted to? Which colour house do you use? [emoji179]
It's White in places but there's two parts on the sides where there's a very yellow band like a 10! It could of stayed on longer and gone white but it didn't want to risk the damage!! I use my colour but I find wella toners better I'm open to try whatever's best

Use 10/16 (edited typo [emoji51]) with colour touch 1.9% developer for yellow. 10/8 for orange. Or mix together if there's bits of orange and yellow! [emoji4]

Last edited:
I love LUO colour P02 to get rid of yellow mixed with 9vol

Equal parts 10A and 8V in Matrix colour sync goes lovely!

10/1 colour touch for yellow? I thought Wellas .1 (ash) didn't neutralise anything?

I would of thought you'd use something violet based for yellow.

I like 10/6 colour touch. Or 10/16 kolosten with pastel x

Thanks guys I bleached again for 20 mins then toned with wella illumina 10/69 come out lovely!

10/1 colour touch for yellow? I thought Wellas .1 (ash) didn't neutralise anything?

I would of thought you'd use something violet based for yellow.

Yea I'd have gone with 10/96 and pastel. Fab.

Thanks guys I bleached again for 20 mins then toned with wella illumina 10/69 come out lovely!

These also really good as lovely and cool toners!

10/16 wella amazing for lifting yellow tones!!

I recently experimented on my mother's hair after doing some research on getting it white from a warm 9 blonde. After bleaching her hair to lighten it up a bit more it went yellow. Put on Wella Color Touch Instamatic in Muted Mauve shade and it toned the yellow so well, really impressed for a first time user of the toner and have ordered more for future. The yellow my mum's hair was I was not expecting a toner to work so well.

Latest posts

Back