What's Your Beauty Secret or Tip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobermum

Reaction score
I was at work one day and my trousers were really annoying me. They were clinging to my lower leg with static electricity. One of the girls I worked with gave me some hand cream and told me to rub it on my shins. It worked a treat, the trousers hung normally. No cling. I have passed this tip on to lots of people and I am now never without hand cream.

So what hint, tip or beauty secret do you all have that can be shared? :)

I was always told to use hair spray on the out side of my slip, showing my age:lol: to stop it clinging to my legs. For you youngsters thats what you wear under a skirt to stop your skirt being see through. Will try the hand cream, sounds good.
Also to get your lipstick to stay put longer. Apply one coat, blot with tissue then dust and press with face powder before applying 2nd coat.

Good tip jane im never without hand cream in my hand bag so ill remeber that:!:

My beauty tip is NEVER EVER let your skin dry out,and moisturise ALL the time.
Instill a cleansing and beauty ritual into your children from an early age....and ALWAYS use an spf....lol

Handcream can also be (very very lightly) used in the hair to tame the frizzies if you forgot your serum

Nail polish on each end of a ladder in your tights to stop it getting any bigger!

I'm gonna get slaughtered for this by the skin geeks but haemarroid cream on the undereye bags/shadows works a treat!! Better than any make up I've found (sssshhhhhhhhh!!:lol: ) PS Any side effects known?

I'm gonna get slaughtered for this by the skin geeks but hemorrhoids cream on the undereye bags/shadows works a treat!! Better than any make up I've found (sssshhhhhhhhh!!:lol: ) PS Any side effects known?
whoo hoo. i will second that.. :lol:

Smiling to apply blusher/bronzer to look most natural.
Applying mascara in a magnifying mirror, to get all the little corner hairs!
Wash your hair in cool/cold water, it gives a fabulous shine!!

Evereyone probably already does all these but this is my twopennith!!

I'm gonna get slaughtered for this by the skin geeks but haemarroid cream on the undereye bags/shadows works a treat!! Better than any make up I've found (sssshhhhhhhhh!!:lol: ) PS Any side effects known?

I thought that was an urban myth!!!!:eek:

Use clear mascara to tidy up eyebrows.....works a treat.

after conditioning your hair wrap with a warm towel and leave for 10-15 minutes

gives hair a nice shine and glossy feel

I thought that was an urban myth!!!!:eek:

Nope it's no urban myth!

This was covered on the Skin Geek a while back, loads of good info here (mainly thanks to Louise aka Weezie)

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/49157-has-anyone-heard-strivectin-cream.html

Use sugar and almond or olive oil as a scrub you can add a drop of essential oil to.

Coat the inside of cheap but gorgeous rings with clear nail varnish to stop them turning your finger green!

heamorroid cream is a quick fix and shouldn't be used everyday. it's primary job is shrinking heamorroids, which are varicose veins in your arse, and hence does exactly the same thing to the eyes.

personally, i wouldn't bother when you think what it's made for. i'm not sure that shrinking the skin around your eyes won't harm the skin in the long term, not to mention it would also shrink the capillaries and blood vessels (which is exactly what it's made for) thus cutting off blood supply to the skin around the eyes, which is delicate enuf as it is.

It is strictly for celebrity red carpet occasions and the like (that's hot dates to you and I mortals). it works, but use it at your peril.

it's primary job is shrinking heamorroids, which are varicose veins in your arse, and hence does exactly the same thing to the eyes.
Straight to the point terminology there! LMAO!!:lol:

Take a soft toothbrush to your lips prior to applying lipstick, it will give you the full pouty lip look.

heamorroid cream is a quick fix and shouldn't be used everyday. it's primary job is shrinking heamorroids, which are varicose veins in your arse, and hence does exactly the same thing to the eyes.

personally, i wouldn't bother when you think what it's made for. i'm not sure that shrinking the skin around your eyes won't harm the skin in the long term, not to mention it would also shrink the capillaries and blood vessels (which is exactly what it's made for) thus cutting off blood supply to the skin around the eyes, which is delicate enuf as it is.

It is strictly for celebrity red carpet occasions and the like (that's hot dates to you and I mortals). it works, but use it at your peril.
LOL, i was tempted to try this until i read your reply:lol:

On a serious note..for puffy eyes i keep two teaspoons in the fridge..they work well.
Also i drink two litres of water a day (or try to) helps to keep skin glowing and hydrated..vitamin tablets and clarins beauty flash..exercise, music,laughter, love, plenty of sleep and a great hairdresser all help loads!:)

Here goes;

- water/hairspray/hand cream to remove static from clothes. Either dampen your hands and run them along, cream your hands and run them along, or spritz the hairspray
- mix either fine sea salt or sugar (white or brown) with oil of choice for an exfoliant (olive, jojoba, almond, etc)
- when you have a cold, use a plain unscented/unflavoured chap stick around your nose to keep it from becoming chapped from the frequent blows, reapplying each time you blow. Saves your skin
- Use white eye-liner on the inside of your eyes to really brighten them up
- Olive oil is a great moisturizing treatment for the ends of your hair. Apply the oil, put a plastic bag over your hair, and blow-dry the bag, heating it up.... then wrap a towel around your hair. 15-30min. Then, wash and condition as usual.
- Out of toothpaste? use bakingsoda
- pure tea-tree oil on blemishes or toothpaste
- Don't have eyeliner in the colour you want? BUT you do have the eyeshadow? Moisten an eyeliner brush in water, and roll it in the shadow, then apply as you would a liquid liner.
- Blot lipstick lightly with translucent powder to help it last longer, clear gloss over that
- to make nose seem slimmer, use a darker shade of foundation on the sides of it than used on the rest of the face, and run a highlighting foundation (or a light concealer) down the center.
- TRIM YOUR EYEBROWS. Shorter hairs are easier to tame into place.
- change your mascara every 3 months for a fresh one because by the end of 3 months of use, it's thicker and doesn't seperate lashes as well AND it's safer for your eyes and less likely to be harbouring bacteria like a 12mth old mascara:eek:
- When out of eyemakeup remover, mineral oil will do.
- Witch hazel is a great natural toner
- Dab a 'smidgeon' of gold gloss/loose gold powder/gold shimmer only in the middle of your lower lip, and at the top of each arch of the upper lip to give your pucker some pow
- Use the colour opposite your natural eye colour on the colour wheel to make you eyes pop. ex: green eyes? use purple
- when you dye your hair, dye your eyebrows to match

I'm sure there's tonnes more, but it's past my bedtime and I can't remember them all
:lol:

Latest posts

Back