What's your favourite and least favourite job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My absolute favorite is nail art. Hand painted flowers and making the little extra to show the personality of the woman behind the nails.
The worst thing is to gelcoat the whole nail in one color. That’s sooo boring and without a play at all.

I love any shellac, rockstar, art,french or just a colour :biggrin:

There's nothing I hate, but the treatment I least like is waxing.

I love doing rockstar and spray tans but I don't enjoy plain old French manicures, I prefer lots of sparkle and being creative!!!

I hate eyelash extensions. I stopped doing them as soon as I could! The most boring thing in the world!!! Love doing a new set or shellac...

I love doing rockstars :)
I love doing Shellac altogether. I offer Gelish as well and don't really enjoy the days its what is requested because of the extra steps.
I don't really like doing Shellac on toes, a little bit of a hassle. I don't like doing pedicures everyday only because it is hard on my hands :/

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I HATE acrylic extensions and pedicured and I love gel polish! Im just starting out so I charge £10, the same price for all my treatments so my heart sinks when someone asks for a 2hr set of arylic extensions when I could do a gel polish in an hour for the same price x

God £10 is so cheap!

I agree about filing off gels!pff that's the worst thing!
I like shellac,I think acrylic extensions are too hard at the moment for me:Scared:

i don't mind filing off gels, especially if i have done them myself as i know Young Nails Synergy Gel files like a dream.

But man dear i am refusing to file off other peoples acrylics from now on. I don't know what that stuff is made from but you'd need an industrial saw to get them off.

i had a woman came back from the US and had them off.. nightmare. i thought ok this is what the geeks do be on about ...maybe MMA stuff. But this week had a woman back from Spain wanting hers' off. Same thing.... grrr.

i don't mind filing off gels, especially if i have done them myself as i know Young Nails Synergy Gel files like a dream.

But man dear i am refusing to file off other peoples acrylics from now on. I don't know what that stuff is made from but you'd need an industrial saw to get them off.

i had a woman came back from the US and had them off.. nightmare. i thought ok this is what the geeks do be on about ...maybe MMA stuff. But this week had a woman back from Spain wanting hers' off. Same thing.... grrr.
Why are you not soaking them off?this is why I prefer removal for acrylics:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, well I like everything I do. But if I had to pick. It would be....

Dislike most - Extensions removal
Like most - Gelish Manicures

I love doing Shellac Manicures/Pedicures, Gel Overlays.
I hate doing French Manicure (just polish though not gel or Shellac), hard skin removal, clipping thick toe nails and HATE filing off BOG!

Like: I cannot believe I am saying this BUT, I love doing French manicures. Years ago, I used to talk clients out of having them as my French lines were awful. I used to say to clients "oh a colour would be so much nicer instead of a French manicure". Now I do not mind them at all.

I like rockstar nails and spray tans also.

Dont like:
Facials, ugh!! who invented them? I do however like result driven facials, like anti-aging ones etc.

Massages, with the client just relaxing and not talking to me; really???!

Like - Rockstar, french manicure, gelish and spray tanning.

Dislike - nail extensions and removal of nail extensions.

I am thinking of cutting down on what I offer :) xx

Love doing a full set of Rockstar - even better when it's a colour/glitter I haven't used before!

If I've been busy all day and want a more relaxed evening, I prefer to just get on and do the party lashes and tanning.

Absolutely HATE soaking off a set - seems so tedious, especially if they're not having anything else done on their nails afterwards.

Also not a fan of buffing off Shellac when I'm doing an infill of acrylics - the only downside of Rockstar acrylics.

I love threading eyebrows (especially if its a first time for the client!), Shellac Mani/Pedi (particularly love the cuticle work and doing French mani), Rockstar, nail art/Konad, microdermabrasion, skin peels, facials, hot stone massage and party lashes :)

Not so keen on full leg wax and Laser hair removal, only because its hard going on my back sometimes!

I love love love doing rockstar especially peds... feet are odd looking things but a bit of sparkle makes them look so pretty!

Love doing eybrows and spray tanning too!!

Hate any filing or soaking off extensions, find leg and bikini waxing tedious too especially when the hair very coarse :) x

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back