What's your morning routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chellebelle004

Reaction score
As the title says I'm interested to know what others peoples early mornings are like?
I live in Northampton and work in leamington so it's up at 6am. Let the cat out, make my lunch, have breakfast and listen to the radio or watch corrie while I'm getting ready in the spare room, which we call my room :) my husband doesn't get up until after I've left the house at 7am to get to work for 7.40am. I love the spare room as it's all girly and reminds me of the apartment I lived in on my own for two years. We're talking about turning it into the nursery when we have a baby.. But I think the other spare room that we call my husbands room because it's got all his crap and computer in there should be it ;)
Oh and 6am is a killer in the winter.. Soooo hard! Anyone up even earlier?

This morning yes :(
The man in the hotel room above sounded like he was doing Riverdance at 5.20. I have a serious meeting and a 2 1/2 hour drive home. Joy. I'm shattered!
Usually my mornings are good: up at 6.25, tea, cat cuddles, bath and tv. I have a 45 minute commute so the relaxation when I get up is useful lol

I live and work in leamington! Small world :) I love on the next street to where I work so it's up about an hour and a half before 1st client ;) x

Im up with the two kids at 6.30. We all eat brekkie together, then my eldest gets ready for school while i clean up after brekkie, make his lunch and vacuum the floors. ( he takes for ever to get ready, hes 5 lol) then i get my youngest ready for the day (20 months old) then my self. Walk to school at 8.40 and then the rest of my day begins.

Well I'm up by 6am. Go to the gym for an hour. Then shower and have breakfast. Make a packed lunch for hubby and I. Hair and make up and get dressed. Then I'm out the door by 9. Yea right!

I sleep in til 7:15. Feed the dog. Shower and get dressed. Take dog out for a poop. Have breakfast. And stall til 9:15 on the internet and walk to work. Haha

Set my alarm put it on snooze for ages drag myself out of bed to the shower then get dressed and do my make up... maybe have some breakfast then go to work... as you can tell im not a morning person lol x

I'm afraid mine sounds more like Chickafish's too. Worse even! I'm so lazy. I wake up around 7.30 or 7.45 sit down on my backside again, have my tea for at least 20mins, while browse the net then I see the time and say "oh sh*t, jump up, rush about, feeding and dressing children and finally I stagger out the door at 8.50. I drop 1st child off at 8.55 and the other at 9.10 before going home again showering myself getting changed and leaving for work at 9.45!!!
Disgraceful I know!!!

Mornings aren't my thing..,.

Monday - Friday
Up at 5:30. Sort my horses and organise their exercise schedules with my Groom. Back to the house for 6:30. Husband is up and on breakfast. Daughter aged six up for 7:30, finish breakfast. Husband leave for Edinburgh while take my daughter to school. I then head to each of my three salons in the area to liase with staff, paperwork , staff meetings etc. All done by 5:30 ish. Daughter gets picked up by my childminder. Husband arrives home at 7 :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Up at 7.12 (have 5 alarms, don't ask why it's 7.12 tho haha!) make tea, sort little girls brekky out, get ready in my spare room with music on, get little girl ready, usually running late by this point, run to school, run back jump in my car and drive like a loon too work! X

Up at 7.12 (have 5 alarms, don't ask why it's 7.12 tho haha!) make tea, sort little girls brekky out, get ready in my spare room with music on, get little girl ready, usually running late by this point, run to school, run back jump in my car and drive like a loon too work! X

Alarm for 7...snooze usually til about half 7....get up...realise how late I'm running....jump in shower...do hair,make up, get dressed, clean bathroom and make bed and tidy room...fly out the front door with a biscuit as have no time for breakfast (if I get up when alarm first goes off I would!) Arrive to work twenty minutes before first client, set up and get on with my day :)
My clients always say 'you're so happy and bubbly even first thing' must be a good actress as I hate mornings haha xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Up at 7.
Get in shower.
7:15 Make packed lunches for the girls & tea for me.
7:20 wake eldest daughter & give breakfast. Put my make up on.
7:45 Eldest leaves house. Wake youngest. Give her breakfast
8:00 Get dressed and fiddle about with minor chores.
8:30 get youngest dresses
8:45 leave the house to walk youngest to school
9:00 get home, pack my bags and get ready for 1st client.

Done.

Get up, drag my daughter out of bed, turn on peppa pig to wake her up, get in the shower and get dressed, get her dressed, teeth brushed, let dog out and out the door, drop her off at school then either off to work or come back home to work or do housework(watch tv ; ))

Everyday of the week...
Up at 7
Shower youngest - 5yrs (lay her clothes in order for speedy dressing)
Shower myself (youngest dries and dresses herself in this time)
Make youngests breakfast (she eats while I dry and dress)
Give her her daily meds
Make sure brushes teeth properly
Clean my teeth

Then Monday to Friday..
Make her packed lunch
Check book bag while littlin puts shoes on
Put her hair up (whilst sneakily checking for nits)
Grab everything needed to take with us
She grabs scooter
8.25 we leave for half hour track to school
Home for 9.20 (I speed walk home)
Breakfast for me then on with my day at 10am.

Or Saturday..
Watch TV/catch up on stories/colour until 8.10
(I pack bags while she is busy)
Put shoes and coat on
Leave for bus at 8.25
Arrive at swimming for 9.30
(We swim for fun)

Or Sunday..
Watch TV/catch up on stories/colour until 8.10
(I repack bags while she is busy)
Put shoes and coat on
Wander to local shop for needed school lunch supplies
Get picked up for swimming at 9.30
(We swim with bro in law, niece n nephew for funday sunday)

Its like groundhog week lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I live and work in leamington! Small world :) I love on the next street to where I work so it's up about an hour and a half before 1st client ;) x

I liked reading all of these :)
Where in leamington do you work?

Well I'm up by 6am. Go to the gym for an hour. Then shower and have breakfast. Make a packed lunch for hubby and I. Hair and make up and get dressed. Then I'm out the door by 9. Yea right!

I sleep in til 7:15. Feed the dog. Shower and get dressed. Take dog out for a poop. Have breakfast. And stall til 9:15 on the internet and walk to work. Haha

This one made me laugh. I was thinking gosh she's super woman!

I liked reading all of these :)
Where in leamington do you work?

It's behind the parish church at the bottom of town, rhapsody? Used to be i do. What about u? X

It's behind the parish church at the bottom of town, rhapsody? Used to be i do. What about u? X

I'm not sure exactly where that is, I've worked in leamington 7 years but haven't explored much beyond the parade and Jephson gardens for my lunch in summer. I'm a dental nurse on Clarendon street top end of town. I do nails mobile as a side line

Depends whether hubby can do the morning school run :D or who's booked in at 0930.

If not im up at 750 hair wash, dry, straighten, make up, little boy to get up at 8am but he's 8 so gets himself ready and do breakfasts and drinks out the door by 835.

Though this will all change once my little Max gets here at the beginning of May :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It depends on what it's in store that actual day. If I'm on the early shift my alarm is set for just after 05.00. I hit the snooze button several times or at least for as long as I can justify and I go downstairs and sort the priorities first (switch the coffee machine on).

I try and persuade the dog to go for a pee whilst he looks at me as if I am mad and declines the offer. He gets fed and I take my coffee upstairs to get ready. All my clothes are already in the bathroom so I don't have to furk around and wake the Husband searching for my uniform.

I then take way too long getting my act together and am always running out the door much later than planned, but never without another coffee in a takeaway cup to drink when I get to work at 06.45.

Awake at 7 snooze till 7.30 unless husband has left doors open downstairs and then the dog will jump on me to get me up earlier.
Feed dog let her out,get washing out of machine and hang up or put in drier.Turn heating and wax pots on in beauty room.
Get cup of tea and go back to bed for half hour with dog and watch news.
Shower and get ready to go to work up the garden, first client usually about 10.
If working most of the day I will prepare dinner early to go in the slow cooker.

Latest posts

Back