What's your morning routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alarm goes off at 7 snooze toll 7.39 get up mascara, hair in a bobble, clothes on, pee, teeth, grab bag lunch and car keys and out the door for 7.50 and at my work for 7.57 ready for an 8 o'clock start lol! HATE when you don't realize it's been icy until too late knocks my routine right off haha. My dad usually shouts me to say and shouts me every morning anyway (shocking, I am 20!!), but I'm moving out in a couple of weeks so I'll just have to learn to get up early and not 10 minutes before I leave haha. Can't wait to be self employed full time!! X x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391213379.421103.jpg
That's just me EVERY morning

Monday , Wednesday and Thursday I finish work at 8am get home as quick as I can after 12hr shift , other half goes to work, while kids are finishing breakfast I'm doing their hair for school , feed the dog and have my lukewarm cuppa other half made me at god knows what time then leave 8.30 and take kids to school !
Tuesday and Fridays scape myself out of bed at 7.30 do girls breakfast have a shower while my cup of tea is brewing , get dressed do make up do girls hair put milk in my tea have a fag by this time I feel human then split up an argument / fight between kids then as usual out door by 8.30 ( I am not a morning person ) xxx

When on early shift (0645 start):
alarm at 0445, snooze till at least 0530 eek!
make coffee and let or kick dogs out while kettle on
make coffee
0545 stand under shower daydreaming until I realise I'm supposed to be washing!
0610 sit on bed wrapped in fluffy towel, looking into mirror without doing anything (or just watching tv)
0615 realise I'm gonna be late - so panic
0630 leave house
0631 swear that windscreen frozen
0632 curse kids for not leaving me much space to reverse off drive
0634 drive like a lunatic to work
0644 thank whatever god that I found a parking space
0645 congratulate myself on some immense parking and admire the small gap!
0646 speed walk to work - already late
0650 arrive at work complaining about traffic, lack of parking, ice on windscreen, car not starting, temporary traffic lights, road works ..............
0651 remember to tie hair back, root around handbag to find glasses ...
0652 grovel to team mate to fill me in on "handover" from previous shift as I missed it - again!

0700 - make coffee for everyone! Have to do this as everyone else is there by 0630 !!!!

Such a morning person - and 40 years ago this (school) routine would still have read roughly the same lol

And this is on a good day when I don't need to wash hair - eek! lol

When on early shift (0645 start):
alarm at 0445, snooze till at least 0530 eek!
make coffee and let or kick dogs out while kettle on
make coffee
0545 stand under shower daydreaming until I realise I'm supposed to be washing!
0610 sit on bed wrapped in fluffy towel, looking into mirror without doing anything (or just watching tv)
0615 realise I'm gonna be late - so panic
0630 leave house
0631 swear that windscreen frozen
0632 curse kids for not leaving me much space to reverse off drive
0634 drive like a lunatic to work
0644 thank whatever god that I found a parking space
0645 congratulate myself on some immense parking and admire the small gap!
0646 speed walk to work - already late
0650 arrive at work complaining about traffic, lack of parking, ice on windscreen, car not starting, temporary traffic lights, road works ..............
0651 remember to tie hair back, root around handbag to find glasses ...
0652 grovel to team mate to fill me in on "handover" from previous shift as I missed it - again!

0700 - make coffee for everyone! Have to do this as everyone else is there by 0630 !!!!

Such a morning person - and 40 years ago this (school) routine would still have read roughly the same lol

And this is on a good day when I don't need to wash hair - eek! lol

Haha this is so me in the shower In mornings, I have to have a shower at night or I'd never be on time for anything!! And also the sitting on bed staring into mirror! Glad I'm not the only one!!!

Ha mine is; alarm goes off at 8, snooze it until 8.45 then think crap I've overslept (I do this every morning) quick wash, brush my hair & teeth (usually at the same time) bit of mascara, dress, stub my toe about 1000 times rushing around, trip over the cat, grab my bag and leg it out the door for 9.

If I don't have to get up for 9 this routine is repeated, just an hour or two later lol!! I'm not good at getting up! I've changed my working hours from April so won't start till 10.30 each day- I'm hoping this will give me time to get up, shower, do my hair and make up properly, have breakfast and a drink an chill for a bit instead of just rushing round an stressing myself out every morning (you think if learn!)

Yesterday morning I had to start at 9 and was hanging from a late night finish the previous night, at 8.45 I text my client saying "I'm really sorry stuck in traffic will be with you ASAP" then snoozed my alarm for another 10 minutes before my boyfriend literally kicked me out of bed at 5 to 9! Felt really guilty but I was just sooo comfy an warm!!

Xxxx

Omg leaving the house at 9! I have to be at work for 7.40am after a 45 min drive lol

I would NEVER be out the door before 9 if I didn't get up till 8.45.

How is that even possible?!?!

I've always got up 2 hours before starting work.

Currently up at 7am
Make everyone's lunch packs
Make hubby's breakfast
Shower, wash hair.
Blow dry hair
My Breakfast
Teeth and makeup
Get dressed
Grab bags
Out of door at 8.45
In salon by 9
Everything is on a timer so wax etc is nice and warm ready to use.

I only live. 10 min drive away

No idea! It takes me min 2 hrs to get ready to go if I don't have to wash my hair! Other thing - who books appts like 9.00 am?
I'm not a morning person at all - even though I worked early shifts for years I never got used to it and hated it with passion.
Now I take an advantage of the fact that I only started 3 months ago so I book those few clients as late as possible and my normal start is 2pm pahahaha sometimes 12, only Saturday is exception and I start at 10.00. My clients mostly work 9-5 or run their own business so they can't come early anyway :D
So my routine is: 9am alarm goes, 30 mins snooze, then 2 coffees/3 cigarettes/cuddling cats/fb/salon geek/staring in the space - this takes 1 hr, then brushing teeth, shower, make up, lunch prep, checking I've got everything, 2 more fags - that's another hour. If I have time I get on pc and do work stuff but that's when I start at 2. Normally no breakfast, lunch at home if possible. That's being lazy! ;) Mind you - I have no probs to finish late and I'm usually in the salon till 8pm :)
Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's all about the evening before preparation lol and being a fantastic multi tasker! I used to start work at 4am so think I got used to the lying in as late as possible as rushing round like a crazy woman to get ready & out the house!
I'm showered an hair straightened before I go to bed, clothes led out, bottle of water bag & keys on the kitchen table ready to grab & mascara in my glove box. I do everything I possibly can to make sure I don't have to get up a minute earlier than possible! If I could sleep in my clothes I would! Xxxx

I agree about evening prep, I do Hubby's pack up, baby's bottles, get little boys clothes for nursery ready so my morning routine is: wake up between 7-7.30 after hubby goes to work, make coffee, wake 3yr old up (or try, he's like a teenager trying to drag him out of bed!) Put kids channel on for him while making his breakfast and getting baby's bottle ready, feed and change baby while 3yr old eats his breakfast, go upstairs to get us both dressed, clean teeth, do both our hair, go back downstairs and chill out before taking him to nursery for 9 then back home to spend the day with my gorgeous 2 month old :) xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back