What's yours called?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vodkababe

Reaction score
Morning all

I've just seen Bimbogeri's thread about her beloved nail trainer, Harold Hand.

Harold Hand!?!?!?!?!?

Not that there's anything wrong with the name Harold - in fact, my gorgeous staffordshire bull terrier is called Harold - but I never understood why the hands were given male names... ;)

On my Creative course, from day one the hands were called 'Bob', firstly by our trainer, then by those of us on the course. It wasn't til I was sat at home with my Bob on that first night of homework, that it occurred to me that Bob is a male name, and the hands really ought to be called something feminine.....

.....so I dressed mine up with a large diamante bracelet and re-christened her 'Barbara' :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's everyone elses called?

Vod
X

Disclaimer: no offence was intended to any laydeez called Harold. Or Bob.

I don't have a training hand - but if I did i'd call it Hilda!:D

I have to say, I actually also have two plastic display hands, and one is called Hilda. The other, sadly, is unnamed, so if any Geeks fancy a shot at christening him/her, be my guest!! :D
xx

Havent got mine anymore, but i christened it....... 'Andy' !! LOL

Mine was called lots of obscene names when I was doing my homework for my creative foundation course,,,,,,can't print them but they began with either "f" or "b", most of the time it was a mixture of the two.
Think if I gave it a name it would be Henrietta.

Christine.

I think the trainers get male names maybe because they can be a bit awkward sometimes LOL.

However mine is Luna

I christened mine 'Hans Solo'On my Foundation they were referred to as Hangela or Handy Mandy....

i call mine Doris - i don't know why it just seems like a Doris i suppose!!!

When Ros was doing her foundation course, she stayed overnight nea the course as commuting was not an option. Ths gave her plenty of time to practe on Stella. I drove home with Ros and Stella and we stopped at an empty motorway cafe for a restorative cuppa, this older couple came and sat on the next table, why, when it was empty, I don't know! Ros, in her quiet, little voice (NOT! it doesn't exist!) was telling how she was up till midnight buffing Stella in bed. For some reason, this couple moved!!! I don't know what they thought she was doing but they had obviously clearly not understood the dedication of wannabe nail techs :D :D :D

Ros will kill me for putting this in writing :D

Cathy

mine is the naughty hand
it was christened by rob.
when i got it he took it off me and chased the boys round the house and said it was the naughty hand and was bought to smack naughty boys bums........he's a nasty man.
they weren't fooled though but the name stuck

the hand is also great for grabbing someones arm when they are stood round the corner - really freaks them out!!!

nik said:
the hand is also great for grabbing someones arm when they are stood round the corner - really freaks them out!!!
That is hilarious - I'm definitely going to try that when I get mine!!!

Lol, I had two, so whenever I had a practice I called them my twins

pmsl , well mine was called "hand job" by my pervy bloke , who thinks its hilarious to put the middle finger up and leave it in the window :twisted: luckily only does it when he know i dont have clients comin (thank god )
so if i am practising he usually says something like "you are doing well on that hand job !!!!!) :irked:
really sorry if this offends but you did ask lol

dee said:
pmsl , well mine was called "hand job" by my pervy bloke , who thinks its hilarious to put the middle finger up and leave it in the window :twisted: luckily only does it when he know i dont have clients comin (thank god )
so if i am practising he usually says something like "you are doing well on that hand job !!!!!) :irked:
really sorry if this offends but you did ask lol
only a men can think of "smut"..................lol :lick:

Really boring I know but I just call mine 'Thing'(Addams Family fan)

Debz xx

Aspirations said:
Havent got mine anymore, but i christened it....... 'Andy' !! LOL
PMSL mine was called andy to "handy Andy"

hehe this really made me laugh and bought back the memories of training- mine was called 'harry the hand' dont no why! people always asked why it was a mans name, i never really knew what to say as i hadnt even realised until they pointed it out! :lol:

Latest posts

Back