When clients call products/treatments a wrong name does it annoy you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a regular client text me once asking how much I charge for intimate bumming. Now, I had known this client and had been doing her nails for a while so I knew it wasn't something dodgy! Before I could reply I got a phone call from her and she could hardly speak for laughing and had no idea how her autocorrect managed to change waxing to bumming haha we still have a giggle about it when I visit for her treatments :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My husband tells people that I put hot rocks on clients (hot stone massage).

People must think I'm some sort of dominatrix ;)

Hahaha this made me laughhh!

Haha I am definitely in the wrong job. I'm waiting until I win the lottery so I can open a zoo. No humans aloud!

Me too! I want an animal sanctuary. Husband wants a fishing lake lol.

This post really made me laugh and I had to comment, because in a salon where I used to work, we had a running list behind the reception, and it was quite long when I left. Here's the ones I remember clients asking for:
Jelly nails
Sheila (shellac)
"Bald fanny" (this is serious, every 4 weeks a lady would ring up and ask for this.

The list really was quite long, and it was normally from regulars who would mispronounce it every time they came in. After a while we just smiled and stopped correcting them. 🙈

This post really made me laugh and I had to comment, because in a salon where I used to work, we had a running list behind the reception, and it was quite long when I left. Here's the ones I remember clients asking for:
Jelly nails
Sheila (shellac)
"Bald fanny" (this is serious, every 4 weeks a lady would ring up and ask for this.

The list really was quite long, and it was normally from regulars who would mispronounce it every time they came in. After a while we just smiled and stopped correcting them. 🙈

Hahaha no way???? Lol!!! What's jelly nails? Gel nails? Lol!! Aww I'm so glad ppl are seeing the funny side of this thread now... The way it was intended!! 😂 keep them coming lol

Jelly nails
Sheila (shellac)

Bald fanny?! Oh dear how could anyone ask for that! And how can you not be in fits of laughter if someone asked for it 🙊

Tiggy for Tigi makes me quite cross
People calling Moroccan oil "argan" oil. It's the same as what you buy in Primark for £1 apparently......

People calling Moroccan oil "argan" oil. It's the same as what you buy in Primark for £1 apparently......

Isn't Moroccan oil argan oil?

No argan oil is arganian kernel oil in pure form, nothing else added to it at all. Can be used on hair,skin, dry patches.

Morroccan oil is extracts of the arganian kernel oil but with a whole heap of other ingredients too making it far better at certain jobs eg taming frizz. My point being in my original post that a £1 primark bottle of oil is extremely different to a £30 Moroccan oil.

what is it then?? Sorry for my ignorance :o is it tiji?

It's an Elemis body wrap treatment. The frangipani comes as a monoi oil (which is just a-maze-innnnng) you can use it as a hair oil, cuticle oil and body oil. It just smells gorgeous. In short the oil is applied to the body after body brushing, you get wrapped up and have a mini facial/face massage and scalp massage with the oil.
They've bought out a shower cream, body moisturiser and scrub now as well. You have to go smell it, it's divine!

I really want one of these now, they sound lush. Gonna have to find out where I can get one in my area! X

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Jelly nails, were yes gel nails. We had a few say that actually!

And the bald fanny.. Well we didn't know what to say, especially considering she was a well respected lawyer who spoke and sounded like she was very well educated.. It was hilarious though!

No argan oil is arganian kernel oil in pure form, nothing else added to it at all. Can be used on hair,skin, dry patches.

Morroccan oil is extracts of the arganian kernel oil but with a whole heap of other ingredients too making it far better at certain jobs eg taming frizz. My point being in my original post that a £1 primark bottle of oil is extremely different to a £30 Moroccan oil.

Oohh I see!!

I have a client who always books in for electronics (electrolysis) it isn't annoy me though, I just find it funny . But then there are words that I pronounce wrong myself :lol:

This is one for you to laugh it. Just remembered my Mum once pronounced Elemis as elemee. Shut up Mum

There's a reason why I don't talk to her haha

Some clients really are very uneducated!!!
?

I'm glad some clients get it wrong, it gives me the chance to enlighten them, they go away happy knowing that not only have they got the new cut, style, they came in for but they now know what it's called and look chuffed with themselves when they ask for it again.

It's all part of what we do.
Never make the client feel silly or thick, they won't come back.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is one for you to laugh it. Just remembered my Mum once pronounced Elemis as elemee.

Weeeell, if your mum knows French, that would actually make sense...if it was a French brand, which it isn't ;-)

Latest posts

Back