When lashing how do you keep your tweezers clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it just evaporates, cos its on the cottonwool (like removing nail varnish) just a quick wipe gets glue off, then after treatment mundo toolcleaner

I use all the mundo products too - its fab!!! x

Sorry if this has already been said but if you get glue on tweezers I just get a nail file and rub it off with that it works really well x

I just use both pairs of tweezers to scrape the glue off each other. I kind of "squeeze" one pair of tips (or just one tip if I need to scrape the inside of the tip) between the other pair of tips. Comes right off and it's free! I used to use a file, but it eventually changed the tip of my tweezers.

Last edited:
I just use both pairs of tweezers to scrape the glue off each other. I kind of "squeeze" on pair of tips (or just one tip if I need to scrape the inside of the tip) between the other pair of tips. Comes right off and it's free! I used to use a file, but it eventually changed the tip of my tweezers.

That's what I've been worried about (filing away the tweezers) thank you! x

Sorry about the late reply... We were taught to keep a little pot of surgical spirit near by and when your getting stuck up just give them quick swish around and if u haven't let the glue dry it will usually just wipe away on bed roll or cotton wool.. or like a few people have said use the twezers on each other to scrape. Hope this helps :)

If it's when I'm applying them I use my fingers to scrape then dip them in barbacide. Thankfully thought I'm better now since I've been doin them for a while and don't get much glue on them. When I'm finished I stick them in barb again and clean. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I was taught to have a little glass dampen dish with a small square of kitchen sponge in it with acetone. You can pick up the sponge with one pair of tweezers and wipe it over the other pair and vice versa.

Instead of using a jade stone, we also use another glass dampen dish upside down to put a few drops of glue in

I was taught to have a little glass dampen dish with a small square of kitchen sponge in it with acetone. You can pick up the sponge with one pair of tweezers and wipe it over the other pair and vice versa.

Instead of using a jade stone, we also use another glass dampen dish upside down to put a few drops of glue in
Thanks for the tip on the dampen dish. I went right away and bought 2 of them. I was taught to put the glue on the plastic seal of the gel pad. The glue spread out and it was always a mess. I think this is how I got the glue on my tweezers. I did just as you suggested and I only had to use the dampen dish with acetone a few times. Once I finished lashing, I used the acetone from one dish and poured it on the dish with the glue, let it set for a few minutes and then wiped the glue clean. I am very new at this but your suggestion has saved me a lot of time.

Latest posts

Back