When to start work on paying clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elise

Reaction score
Hi all,

Still training at the moment but just curious as to how long it all took you after you had passed your training to start working on paying clients?

Was it straight way? Or did you have to build up confidence for a couple of months ie working on family and friends before you felt that you could advertise yourself to the general public as a nail tec?

Thanks.x :)

I had my first paying client on at the end of my third day! She was my model's sister and was going on holiday and desperately wanted them doing so I did for £10, which she thought was fair considering she would normally pay nearer £40. I made sure she knew she was getting what she was paying for, she went away quite happy and I got to have another practice and make back a little of the £90 I spent in the OSNS.

Hi doll,

Im the oppisite...i went with friends and family for ages to build up my confidence, when you get ur first call about a broken nail or lifting etc. it knocks your confidence and id rather iron all that out with friends and family first, after a while i charged my friends and family a discounted fee (for far too long!! dont get trapped in that by the way). Im only part time but after about a year i started charging and gettin my own clients.

I think, this is an idividual one yet again, some peole take to it like ducks to water and can start charging after a few months and lots of practise. Them main thing is your confidence in your nails.

Always to best to wear your own work and when you start to get comments and people wanting them done. you'll near enough know when you are ready.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back