When would someone need green based high lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisko

Reaction score
When would someone need green based high lift like Koleston 12/22?

When trying to neutralize red tones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes but red tones aren`t present in level 7 and above...

Yes but red tones aren`t present in level 7 and above...

Red tones can be present in any level. Think of a natural copper, can't tell me there's no red in that? My hairs a level 7, with TONS of red. Even the strongest highlift in wella can't budge it.

Totally confused... Isn`t level 7 undertone orange...

Totally confused... Isn`t level 7 undertone orange...

Yeah but just because that's the undertone doesn't mean you can't have other tones in. Think about people with blue pigments in their hair? Or gold? Or ash?

I think the confusion is because a level 7 undertone is classed as orange/yellow. This is relevant when putting tones back into hair when going darker.

However, as Cams97 says, you can have some red pigments in level 7 hair naturally and you can also tint on a level 7 with copper, red and brown tones.

Red tones can be present in any level. Think of a natural copper, can't tell me there's no red in that? My hairs a level 7, with TONS of red. Even the strongest highlift in wella can't budge it.

Your a ginge cam! I never knew! hahahah

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Your a ginge cam! I never knew! hahahah

I haven't seen it for about 2 years like and it wasn't long I seen it for😂 it's actually nice though I just get bored

I haven't seen it for about 2 years like and it wasn't long I seen it for😂 it's actually nice though I just get bored

Same as mine,I love my natural colour but I get bored too. The closest shade to my natural hair is a 6/74

So green based high lifts are designed for natural redheads?

Same as mine,I love my natural colour but I get bored too. The closest shade to my natural hair is a 6/74

I wish a highlift would work on it😢

So green based high lifts are designed for natural redheads?

You could also use it on a client with a natural base 4 to achieve a warm 9 I think.

You can't get 12/22 in the UK though

this sort of thing confuses me as well.. like even if I put this on a base 5 it should lift to a 9 and I'd then need to be neutralising yellow.. as everyone says highlifts lift and then tone? in my eyes, I know it obviously doesn't apply but I can't get my head around the fact that surely from a base 5 upwards when using a highlift why you wouldn't only need a violet tone to counteract

this sort of thing confuses me as well.. like even if I put this on a base 5 it should lift to a 9 and I'd then need to be neutralising yellow.. as everyone says highlifts lift and then tone? in my eyes, I know it obviously doesn't apply but I can't get my head around the fact that surely from a base 5 upwards when using a highlift why you wouldn't only need a violet tone to counteract

You're right. You would need to neutralise what you encounter as well as what you end up with so if you're lifting from a 6 you're gonna encounter orange and end up with yellow. But if you don't neutralise the orange too it can end up very warm.

You're right. You would need to neutralise what you encounter as well as what you end up with so if you're lifting from a 6 you're gonna encounter orange and end up with yellow. But if you don't neutralise the orange too it can end up very warm.

That's when you can mix in some /88 or /66

This is something I struggle with too so you would need to use say an 12/81 but if you wanted it warm you could use say a 12/61 so it would neutralise the yellow but not the Orange? On a base 6

This is something I struggle with too so you would need to use say an 12/81 but if you wanted it warm you could use say a 12/61 so it would neutralise the yellow but not the Orange? On a base 6

An /81 would give you a much cooler result than a /61 yes.

Latest posts

Back