When you are ill, do you pre-warn clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzanne20f

Reaction score
Ive picked up a chesty flu, cough, fuzzy head, sore throat snd ears etc and ive my days work to do. If you were a client, would it irritate you more to have your app cancelled or for you to show up to a sick beautician, who could possibly spread it to you?

I pre-warn my clients and give them the option to postpone.

They never do and sometimes I wish they would, so I just pop a mask on.

You need to do what's right for you though and your health must come first xx

Hope you feel better soon x

I pre warn too . Then this gives them the option and yes like Mrs Bod I sometimes wish they would cancel :)

Hope you feel better soon
x

I had a bad cold before Christmas and have people the option to cancel, none of then did though but I felt better for telling them as I would've been annoyed if the shoe were on the other foot x

I have a terrible cold at the minute, on my reminder texts for their appointments I told clients, giving them the option to cancel. None of them did but they said they were pleased I let them know. I hope you feel better soon, I know your pain :) xx

I always pre warn, then the choice is there's. I like them to do the same for me if they're ill - works both ways.

Karaxxx

I think it's helpful to pre-warn and give them the option to cancel.

My OH has a compromised immune system so I try to take reasonable precautions. I think clients in a similar position would respect your consideration towards them.

Thank you all. Im writing this reply from bed! I much prefer to be in work than feeling like this.

Sorry, forgot to say the obvious.

Get well soon!

I cancel mine. My clients are pretty understanding and I generally don't feel up to doing any kind of treatment when feeling rough. Especially when it's your second job xx

Thanks for your replies! Im still ill 😔 and im worried about losing customers.
I thought i was on the mend, but they took diarrhea and nausea. Started to feel worse on Saturday, not being able to wake up as i was so weak, my mum took me to the emergency doctor, who says i have a chest infection and what sounds like Asthma. Ive never had asthma. Im on an antibiotic and an inhaler now, but still having diarrhea, so have no stamina.
My phone is ringing and im getting texts/fb messages wanting apps and i dont know where to put them as im not sure when ill be better 😕
Any of you been in this position recently? What have you done?
I work on my own.

Ive picked up a chesty flu, cough, fuzzy head, sore throat snd ears etc and ive my days work to do. If you were a client, would it irritate you more to have your app cancelled or for you to show up to a sick beautician, who could possibly spread it to you?

I had a beautician come to my house to give me a facial who then proceeded to cough all over me through the entire treatment. I was pissed off as it wasn't relaxing and i ended up ill and as a result have never booked another treatment with her. I was too polite to tell her I wasn't happy to continue the treatment but I would have been happier for her to reschedule.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your response. Yes, that definitely does not sound like an enjoyable experience, leaving you ill 😔

I was ill after christmas and cancelled 2 clients...both said they understood but I did lose one of them...she had only had me once prior though, the other was a regular and simply postponed.

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's so hard not to stress when your ill & work on your own, but you need to get better!! I would just send out a prewritten message to any clients that would like an appointment something along the lines of: unfortunately I am unwell at the moment & I am taking until next Monday (for arguments sake) off & that you will be intouch at the end of the wk to book then in. That way I think you are going to take the pressure off a little! Get well soon & give yourself a break! X

Latest posts

Back